5gen 2012 Camaro center console in my 1970

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by Tpichevy, Feb 25, 2017.

1. CAMeeks

CAMeeks Veteran Member

Ebay 3 years ago

2. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy LS Swapped 1971 Camaro

Those trays come up on eBay all the time in the $40-80 shipped range. I had a email alert set and was getting notifications at least once a week about them. You have to be patient as most sellers think they are gold and want more than what you can get them for at the dealership new.

3. CAMeeks

CAMeeks Veteran Member

Also the 5th gen has been out for a while now. Should be plenty at the pick and pull. If I remember right you can always get a manual shifter cover for the autos.

4. jpaltzer

jpaltzer Veteran Member

Pick and pulls used to be common and a lot of fun to walk around in. I haven't seen one in 15 years. Closest salvage yard to me is Avery's.......I've never been there.

Jaret
    Manitowoc, WI

5. 1971CamaroGuy

1971CamaroGuy LS Swapped 1971 Camaro

We have a few about an hour and half away in Memphis TN that I used to go to a lot but stopped. Shady elements hanging around the yards. You have to go with someone spotting you so your tools don't get taken while your under or in the car. Plus I always took a tool box with me and I got tired of random jokers with nothing but the shirts on their backs wanting to borrow a wrench to remove something...then I would have to follow them where they are going to make sure I got the wrench back.

They put in a Pick N Pull in my hometown a few years ago...hadn't been there yet. But I hope to one of these days. I don't figure it would be too bad.

6. giggity

giggity Veteran Member

definitely not like it used to be. I hadnt been in years, and last year I was bored and wanted to see what a local place had, so I paid the 5 bucks to get in, had a few tools with me, and most of the vehicles were useless. Then I noticed there was a fenced in area that actually had some cool cars, a couple camaros, some 60's stuff, and I asked how do I get over there? They said you tell them what you want and they will pull it for a fee. I was like nope...went back and got my 5 bucks back.

Used to be able to get what you needed back in the old days. Now its not worth it to me. The center console I got of a 2011 was from a collision place I found on craigslist selling "camaro parts" that had camaro in back, I got it for 100 bucks, and ordered the front piece for 30 bucks on ebay.

7. Steemo

Steemo New Member

Use the traction control button for a Line-Loc!

8. CAMeeks

CAMeeks Veteran Member

I'm doing trunk pop

CaliCamaro75 likes this.
  9. giggity

giggity Veteran Member

what you use for solenoid?

10. CAMeeks

CAMeeks Veteran Member

It is 2 hours away with the car and I looked for the receipt. I think I might have gotten it off of ebay.