5gen 2012 Camaro center console in my 1970

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by Tpichevy, Feb 25, 2017.

1. Green hornet

Green hornet Veteran Member

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Shifter in second gear.

2. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I could live with that in reverse. If you get the stock boot it fills the hole completely around the shifter. I think it will look fine, not perfect, but these consoles are much more useful than the stock ones. I still need the boot as well.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  3. 8pack

8pack Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hurst also has some offset shifter levers that may work. If you order through Summit and they don't work you can return them.

http://www.hurst-shifters.com/wp-content/uploads/StickDiagram.pd
    538 7991 might work

Or maybe a shorter straight stick like mine. The one you are using was way too tall for my transmission and it almost hit the dash. I like the throw on it better as well.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2017
  4. Green hornet

I am going to look into making a spacer to move the shifter handle to the right a small amount. That may help things. Thanks for your input.

5. Green hornet

I finaly installed the 5th gen center console in my car. It was a little tricky with a Muncie trans but looks good. It is just set snugly between the seats to hold it in place. I didn't want to run screws through the carpet in case I decide to remove it and go back to no console and there is no way to secure it under the dash the way it's made.

I am thinking about installing 5th gen leather bucket seats next. I have been doing some research and think they will look really nice with the console and be a more supportive seat.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

NOLAZACK likes this.
  6. AlbertaZ28

AlbertaZ28 Veteran Member

That looks good Green Hornet. The 5th gen seats are a little wider but they will fit.

7. Tpichevy

Tpichevy Veteran Member

8. Tpichevy

Tpichevy Veteran Member

Looks great!! Mine is just sitting on the transmission hump also. The seats push on it just enough that it doesn't move much. My buddy is running the 5th gen seats I'll try and have him send me a pic and I'll share. They seem pretty tall vs the factory seats but I'm sure they are much more supportive.

9. Tpichevy

Tpichevy Veteran Member

This is the only pic of his car I have on my phone....you can just see the seats. Now that I'm thinking about it they might be from a GTO can't remember now. I'll find out

Attached Files:

10. Green hornet

Thanks guys. I'm happy with how it turned out.

Tpichevy, If you could come up with some pics on the gen 5 seats in a second gen that would be great. I can't seem to find any anywhere. I have searched everywhere on the web and have come up empty. The only person that had some, photo bucket ate them. I did find a photo of some in a 70 Chevelle and they look great. I slide around in the stock 70 seats. The gen 5 have additional bolstering and they look sharp.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2017