70-73 LED tail lights with amber turn signals

Discussion in 'Rader Classics' started by Lrader99, May 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lrader99

Lrader99 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Lights have a short pigtail with a connector and rubber plug. The plug will seal the hole left by the original tail light bulb socket. The boards can mount 2 ways. You can either drill a couple holes and mount them using screws or place a small amount of silicone around the edge of the board gluing them into the the housings. Once the boards are in the housings and housings reassembled its a simple matter of unplugging the original tail light harness and installing the new supplied harness. You need to run 1 wire into the interior from the trunk, disconnect the white wire from the brake pedal switch and insert the supplied wire as well as remove your thermal flasher and install the supplied electronic one.

A replacement reverse lens is not required. All components are designed to work with the factory lenses.

2. 73Camaro383

73Camaro383 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I don't think its that's no ones interested, I just think its the high price scaring people off. I got my rear LED taillights with brand new housings for 99 bucks some time back. Might want to rethink your pricing strategy. Just a suggestion. Don't know what you have into each built one but 250 seems high for me.

3. Lrader99

Your $99 lights come with replacement housings and the boards affixed to the back of the housings which means the LEDS are so close to the housings that the LED's cant diffuse properly(you see each LED). Your LED's do not come equipped to handle turn& reverse circuits in the same housings for that matter they are not even offered and your tail lights do not come with a complete rear tail light harness. Granted your tail lights do plug into the factory wiring so they do not need a new harness. My tail lights offer more functionality and options then every other LED setup currently available. I think the price point is undervalued. Dakota digital, Classic Industries and similar products are 2 boards with wiring pigtails for $199. meaning if you want dual brake setups you need 2 sets for a total of $398. I offer you this same ability for $275 and I give you a complete wiring harness not just pig tails. Or if you want to have your turn circuits separated from your brake circuits we offer that combined in the reverse housing with all 4 boards and wiring harness for $250.

Heck just a replacement tail light harness is worth $100. So lets add it up with pricing comparable to other products:
    Tail light harness = comparable product $100-$110
    Electronic Flasher = $7-$13
    Park Brake lights(2 boards comparable to dakota digital or classic industries) $199
    Reverse/ Turn signal (2 boards N/A comparison) $100
    Total value= $409 Retail price $250

4. Lrader99

If after all that people think the product is overvalued then that is acceptable that they have their own opinion. I wish them luck with their project and hope that they find a lighting solution that works for them and more importantly works for everyone else. By that I mean that it works so that the person behind you notices you and does his/her part to stay safe on the road.

My tail light system was designed with safety as its first priority and its hard to undervalue safety. By separating the brake lights from the turn signals it gives you and your car more visibility to other drivers. I know I have followed plenty of stock lit early second gen camaros. Their lighting is horrible when compared to modern cars.

So whether you choose my product or another means be safe, stay safe and help other people see you!

5. PolarBear

PolarBear Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I am really interested, just not in the budget at the moment

6. Lrader99

Understood, we can't all be flush with extra cash all the time. Need to get enough sold to get to Camaro nationals and get the clear lenses done.

7. InitialD

InitialD Veteran Member

Rader,
    This may be a silly question, but does the regular LED kit have provision for reverse lights?

8. Lrader99

Regular LED kit includes 2 outer boards(Red Park &Brake), 2 inner boards(Orange Turn signal & White Reverse), Complete rear wiring harness.

Dual Brake kit includes 4 outer boards, Complete rear wiring harness.

9. 73Camaro383

73Camaro383 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Understood. I bought mine before you were even offering any of this. The visibility on the rear of mine increased by a huge margin. Would be nice to have the turn and brake separate. However its whats is your budget that counts

10. Lrader99

If you would like I can sell you just the rear tail light harness and the turn/reverse board. Which will give you full functionality of my design if you follow the instructions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.