70-73 LED tail lights with amber turn signals

Discussion in 'Rader Classics' started by Lrader99, May 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lrader99

Lrader99 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

and mirror turn signals as well ;)

2. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

If I was going with the sport mirrors I would consider it but I will be installing the base metal mirrors as that is what my original 71 (bought new by my dad) and I am trying to recreate the appearance of it.

3. Lrader99

Wow that sounds pretty cool. Can say that I have seen but a handful with base mirrors. They look funky to me.

4. Da-bigguy

I've been looking online for an original set of the base mirrors but no luck yet. I haven't been looking too hard though yet!

5. Lrader99

Have you posted in the WTB section?

6. Da-bigguy

I did once and had someone over in Europe try to sell me some and it smelled fishy so I didn't pursue it.

7. Lrader99

For those who are interested in dual brake setups I finished writing a sequencer circuit last night.

The most annoying thing to me about sequential lighting is that when you hit your brakes they also illuminate sequentially. So I sat down with that goal in mind. To separate the brakes from the turn signals. Success was achieved!

When you hit your brakes it will bypass the timer circuits and allow all the brake lights to come on at once. When you use your turn signals the inboard will illuminate first and stay lit as the outboard lights up. Then both lights will go out as the cycle repeats. Hazards will function in the same manner. The circuit is adjustable. You can change the delay rate between lights but the flash rate is based on the load of the flasher circuit.

Unlike other kits there will only be 1 module. It will be a 2 1/2" x1" brick. DPDT relays are on small even in micro form.

These will also be available with a load resistor for those people who may want to use them in a newer car that gives "bulb out" warnings. When you tie the turns together you essentially half the resistance in the circuit so if the car needs to see 4 ohms for each bulb it only sees 4 ohms total you need a load resistor to compensate for this to prevent bulb out warnings.

Pricing is not set I am still negotiating components prices. Pricing will most likely be in the $35-45 range.

8. Lrader99

I wrangled up a set of housing and will get them thrown in the demo panel tomorrow. I also found a brighter LED that will serve as a better brake light. Still waiting on a demo car to throw a set in. Will take new pics and video tomorrow. Lights will go up on sites like eBay as well.

9. airtimehocutt

airtimehocutt Veteran Member

Why the orange color turn led? On the dual brake kit is there anyway to retain the back up lights ? Or can u substitute some red led instead for the orange led for the turn signal? I have seen several newer cars with all red for turn signals. Thanks

10. airtimehocutt

airtimehocutt Veteran Member

So to be clear, my rear lens are junk. Will I still need to buy new lens or will ur kit come with new lens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.