70-73 LED tail lights with amber turn signals

Discussion in 'Rader Classics' started by Lrader99, May 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. airtimehocutt

airtimehocutt Veteran Member

Now i know how my wife feels. Move the couch here. Now a little more. No back some. No over to right some. Lol

2. Lrader99

Lrader99 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The original board design calls for park to be the outer section and brake to be the inner section. Which then makes Turn/Reverse on the inner section. To do what you are looking for I will make Brake/Turn the outer section and then Park/Reverse the inner section. I can either make all 4 inner sections reverse or just the inboard light inner sections. All 4 inner sections would also be park.

I hope this is easier to understand. You just tell me exactly how you want it and I will make it; whether that be with 4 reverse lights or just 2.

If you are using my clear lenses it wont make a difference but if you are using OE lenses you will only be able to have 2 reverse lights unless you add 2 more inboard lenses to your lights as only the OE inner lenses have clear sections.

I hope this helps,

Lee

3. Lrader99

Hey, no problem. I am here to help y'all figure out what you like best.

FYI you inbox is full...tried to PM you but it wont go through...

4. airtimehocutt

Any cool ideas about putting some type of reverse light in under the bumper or tag area?

5. Lrader99

I can still do reverse with your dual brake set up.

6. Lrader99

MAJOR UPDATE:

[​IMG]

I was able to throw the new boards into a set of housings and get pictures for you all. I ended up replacing many of the original components and these pictures are of production boards.

Pictures were taken using 1970 Tail lights with no separate diffusers (70 model year only has a different style from 71-73)

The boards have been redesigned from the last post, all of the LEDs have been replaced with Cree C503B series which are much brighter and have a 15 degree viewing angle vs 30 degree. The reverse lights as shown range from 5000K to 9000K so there is some variance in bulb color. I have placed a special order with Cree for a batch of 4500K-6000K these will be much whiter in more constant in color temp. I am waiting on 1 final component and that is the plugs that seal the tail light housings. Else these babies are ready to ship.

The new boards are coating white on top and have a black epoxy coating on the back to protect the circuitry from moisture.

I will warranty these for 3 years, if you have any failure just let me know and I will send out a replacement board. Many LED's have a lifespan close to or exceeding 50,000 hours. They don't burn out but will gradually grow dimmer. Just for example sake, 10,000 hours is 10 hours a day 365 days a year for 3 years, or roughly 500,000 miles at a constant of 45 MPH. If for some reason you do have a failure I will happily take care of you. We will do this on the honor system if I don't your original component back I will charge you for each replacement board that I send out.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013
  7. Lrader99

I am still haggling with AAW to get the connector for the harness. They have kicked the issue up to higher ups in the company. Obviously someone changed their mind about wanting to sell me parts. I would love to offer you all this connector but if all else fails you will have to reuse your originals.

Due to component changes and product enhancements price will increase $20 for NastyZ members. The New is $220, product retail price is $275 which is still a bargain when compared to competitors products.

8. Da-bigguy

Da-bigguy Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

PM sent to you.

9. airtimehocutt

Any idea when u r gonna ship ?

10. airtimehocutt

Anyone heard from lrader99???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.