'70 Camaro - Cabin airflow always hot

biker

Veteran Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
Exactly what happened to my 81. I bought a good used complete replacement and all is good now.

DougD

Veteran Member
Dec 2, 2014
Bradenton, FL
Hoping to start troubleshooting this issue this weekend, so I decided to take a quick look today. The orientation of these pictures is with my head resting on the brake pedal looking back in the direction of the rear window. Yep, feet in the air and dreading having to climb back out. I noticed the dashboard hot/cold lever for the air, when moved, has a corresponding movement with what appears to be a broken bracket (first arrow on the left). I also noticed that the cable end (2nd arrow) isn't connected to anything. So, I'm taking a leap and believe at some point these two were connected. And assuming that's true, is it possible that this alone is the reason why my cabin is always blowing hot air? I was going to go down the actuator route, but could this equally likely be the issue?

Thanks for your help!

Post 3 :)

benforseter_21

Dec 1, 2022
had a similar problem like that with my 77 corvette and I cured that by installing a manual cutoff valve that I purchased from Home Depot.

Last edited:

Willie Bifulco

Veteran Member
Apr 13, 2020
had a similar problem like that with my 77 corvette and I cured that by installing a manual cutoff valve that I purchased from Home Depot.
Thx for the tip. When I pulled the control unit out, I found a part that connected the cable to the door that controlled the heat flow into the cabin broken. Couldn't find the part anywhere so I decided to make it and just as I was going down that road, I found the part for sale! Always a good day when you can find a 52 year-old part!

Latest posts