70 Camaro dated / coded glass needed

70L78

Jan 6, 2004
Ma
I'm looking to purchase 4 pieces of dated / coded glass for my 1970, production date 5/70. I originally talked to Pilkington a few years back, but I called them today & found out that division has been closed.

Looking for suggestions on locating good used or new glass. Probably something I should have purchased years ago, but figured I would wait until the restoration was in the final stages.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

jurquhart

71 Z28/RS
Feb 11, 2011
Did you try calling Andy at Auto City Classics,,,they supplied glass for a 69 and a 70 recently.
They will date code the glass for you. FYI, my original 71 Z28 has varied glass date codes,,front of Jan 71,,rear Sept 70,, passenger June 70,, and driver July 70,,they just grabbed what was on the line during production.

hubedobeedo

3rd times a charm
Jul 18, 2013
Huntertown,IN
ye i wish i would have purchased when was still made in states. new is imported and not perfect. i noticed that on the inside of door glass there is waviness traveling up to down from front to back. but on the outside, it is smooth. you can't see looking straight on does not affect view. also, the rear and windshield have wave going on with them noticed before install. when you look across car you can see it, trim makes it more noticeable. also, the glass has that weird spots when sun hits just right. i have seen that effect on new replacement windows on other vehicles (not just Camaro). i did get mine from auto city. nice people fast service and ship. I got the grey with tinted windshield

Attachments

• IMG_0281.JPG
    IMG_0281.JPG
    263.4 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0283.JPG
    IMG_0283.JPG
    231.6 KB · Views: 21

lapedr

Veteran Member
Jan 28, 2003
Pembroke, GA
I have a used factory 70 firebird frt window it’s clear though, I know it’s original bc I removed it, but I decided to replace all glass with tinted, I don’t think it would survive shipping but you can have it for free if you want to come pick it up I live in Pembroke, GA

70L78

Jan 6, 2004
Ma
I appreciate the offer, but I ended up ordering the set from Auto City Classics.
Thanks, again

Latest posts