70 RS SS Restoration Jumping Point

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by jays2k70rss, May 21, 2021.

1. dave@ztech

[email protected] Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

There is a return line, however, I believe it is just a vent line, from the charcoal cannister , some do try and convert it to return line, however it is usually to narrow. That said you can use the location and mounting points to make it a return line, if you so choose , this would be a good idea, if you are thinking fuel injection in the future, just do what they suggest for that upgrade.

2. jays2k70rss

jays2k70rss Member

I assume the only way to clean and restore the subframe and the rear is to take them off to get blasted and painted? Which means at the least lifting the engine? The rear is getting the rear axle and suspension down? What about the undercarriage, is that done only on a full frame/body off resto? Can any of this be done without removing everything?

3. jays2k70rss

jays2k70rss Member

Had nothing else to do so I took a bucket and sponge and cleaned off the camaro while in the garage. Wish I would have taken some before pics because it’s a big difference. Even my son noticed and he doesn’t notice anything!
    So mad that the bottom corner of the top peeled up, otherwise the rest of the top looks to be in great shape.. but I think it may have needed to be removed to clean up the deck filler panel anyways?

Attached Files:

[email protected] likes this.
  4. jays2k70rss

jays2k70rss Member

took a quick look at what i think is the fuel line.. running from the engine compartment down the passenger side of the frame/body. I see two lines running on top of each other. is one line the fuel and the other something else? was thinking brakes, but i thought those ran down the driver side?
    i'll try to get pics.. any idea?

5. Dan Videoman

Dan Videoman Member

Fuel return line

6. jays2k70rss

jays2k70rss Member

Makes sense. Didn’t think about that because I’ve been under the impression that it was only one line. Are they sold as a set or do they sold separately?

7. jays2k70rss

jays2k70rss Member

8. dave@ztech

[email protected] Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

so based on that i have two lines running on top of each other..i assume i need both of these lines[/QUOTE]
    If you are ever going to think about fuel injection as an option, I think you would want to increase that one line from 1/4 to 3/8 like the fuel line, I think that would make it possible in the future for the FI and wouldn't matter if you didn't

9. jays2k70rss

jays2k70rss Member

Perfect. I was actually just thinking about that this morning and if that would “future proof” it. thanks!

10. jays2k70rss

jays2k70rss Member

Looks like classic tubes only makes the return in 1/4