70 RS Z28 camaro frame off needs to finish project

Discussion in 'Camaros for Sale' started by 70RSZ28hugger, May 13, 2020.

1. 70RSZ28hugger

70RSZ28hugger Member

covict 19 shuts down many business.

The car is mulesanne blue im waiting on the car to painted . call 650 898-5678
    12 bolt 410 gears posi 4spd muncie black deluxe interior. car. $27000
    fresh 350 LT-1 engine 492 heads.z 28 intake.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  2. unrestored72Z

unrestored72Z Veteran Member

Did this car sell?

3. Rosster

Rosster Veteran Member Gold Member

I tried to message him and get more pics and info like what’s done and whats left. He mentioned a $40k orange car too but got no details on that one either. Maybe he changed his mind or I offended him when I asked to confirm the $40k was complete and finished. No one is buying a 1/2 built car still needing parts for $40k (well, not me anyway).

T_RockHD and zfool like this.
  4. unrestored72Z

Last edited: Sep 28, 2020
  5. Rosster

Did you ever find out if it was complete, or missing Parts, etc? He seemed not interested in giving too many details. Too bad as I was interested but maybe me expecting a complete (but unfinished paint car) for $27k or a completed car for $40k was unrealistic? SMH

6. unrestored72Z

p

Discussion went in circles....once I heard no original motor, my curious side backed off.

He said the body shop painter left the country and went to mexico and now can't get back in due to COVID.
    Now somebody else will be painting the remaining parts which includes the body.

7. Rosster

Yeah unfortunately without a bunch of details and pictures as to what’s there and not he’s likely to not get a reasonable offer.

8. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

Who takes off angle...black and white photos to sell a car?

9. Rosster

He’s a member here IIRC. I remember talking to Him a year ago (before the call last month) and he was going on as to how this car had a copo 4:10 rear axle and was worth $100k when done. I never had heard of that so was kinda confused (not that I would ever consider paying $100k for anything other than a 69 427 copo). So the car I did eventually buy has a factory COO code 4:10 rear axle so it’s not too rare and certainly does not require a copo order to get one. Maybe I misheard him but my sense is he wants waay more than either of these cars are actually worth.

I guess that’s not to unusual; I’ve seen that a few times in my quest to buy a car. One guy back east said he’d be “Willing” to sell me his original # matching 71 z28 for $100k. I kinda chuckled and politely said no thanks. Maybe these guys really don’t want to sell so they place an astronomical price on it in hopes someone bites? Who knows, Maybe they’ll get lucky....

Last edited: Oct 2, 2020
    hubedobeedo likes this.
  10. zfool

zfool Veteran Member

Just imagine if these cars were as rare as people have made them. 100K lol. It better have 10 miles and still be in Mohamed Ali’s name. Haa