70 Rs

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by knightmoose, Sep 15, 2012.

1. knightmoose

knightmoose Veteran Member

could some1 tell me how much a 70 Camaro RS on craigslist is worth ? just to make sure I don't over pay please?

350 engine 4 bolt recently rebuilt less than 1 k with yr warranty from shop and invoice. looks like a stock rebuild even though seller states mild procomp cam lift and duration is unknown so it means little I suppose,

10 bolt rear end non-posi traction rear end

cragar rims

recently painted within the yr

interior pretty good as far as seats headliner and thick grade new carpet

the console is new as well, new pillar posts etc,

no air condition module is there but no compressor etc,

the only issue in the interior around the dash looks like it could use some work like the guage assembly package may be missing a tab and need another carrier as 1 of the prongs towards the sterring column is broken off some plastic piece work , not too found of the 2nd generation interior dash setup .. guagues work has clock and tach..

says the car runs fine but if sitting in the garage without use for a wekk the clock will drain the battery down to a point where it needs a charge?

is the car worth 17, 500? or is that an over kill for a 70 RS?

title is a clean California title registered no negative carfax history etc

I checked NADA and it shows retail is 17500 for a good 20 footer and 25k if excellent condition but that shows retail not sure what private party to private party is,,

thanks for any advice..

http://1970camarors.shutterfly.com/pictures/18#19

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  2. Gary S

Gary S Administrator Lifetime Gold Member

My opinion is that an RS isn't worth $17,500. If it were a great documented SS or Z28, then yes, but not for an RS without SS or Z28 options.
    Other people will give you different opinions.

3. knightmoose

http://1970camarors.shutterfly.com/pictures/18#19

please note pictures of the car ...

is the selling price to high if you think that 17,500 is too much for a 70 RS CAMARO than please tell me what you think fair market value actually is thanks.

issue is just to find a decent running 70 anything is difficult these days, once you start adding in paint, interior all kinds of stuff you end up around that price anyways, many projects sitting around garages, this one really looks pretty solid and straight..

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  4. spons

spons Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Seems at least $5K too high to me.

5. POS71RS

POS71RS Moderator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

Hard to say. I've been seeing a ton of 70-73 Camaros on CL listed for well over $20,000.
    However, I think that's overpriced for the majority of them. For that kind of money, they should be MINT.
    That car doesn't appear to be 'MINT'. It looks like a very clean, nice driver. It depends on the details, etc that can't be seen in the pics, but I'd say it's more like a $10,000 give or take.

6. hogg

hogg Veteran Member

for that kind of price ,needs the right seats , and a lot of the stuff that is org. to 70 ,or some hight price after market goodes

7. POS71RS

Looks like a really cheap set of wheels and tires too. I like Cragars, but for a car that expensive, I'd rather nice originals or a set of high end rollers.

IMO, that car could potentially look the part if a really nice set of aftermarket wheels was put on. I could see that being one of those cases where you could raise the asking price almost $5000 if you spent $2000 on killer wheels and tires.
    Not much looks 'wrong' with the car. Paint looks decent, interior is decent, but nothing screams at me that it's worth that price.

8. Chris71RS

Chris71RS Veteran Member

An Island called "long" in the north atlantic
    +1

I'm in the $12k range. Maybe a little higher with the correct seats and steering wheel. A 4 speed could also pull more $$$.

9. POS71RS

To be honest I was probably a little low at ten-ish. Looking at it again, 12k is probably fairer.
    Probably depends on location too.

10. knightmoose

Thanks for the advice listed is 15k on craigslist.org in phoenix area seller says would accept reasonable offers the area is provided by more expensive than calif I would say for older American Classic muscle cars... In scottsdale just basic 70-73 are listed in the 20s issue is the race tracks hobby etc here that I think along with hot dry heat keeps the cars high...