'70 "The Green Goblin"

spav350

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Corpus Christi, Tx
JOE1980DIRTe said:
i wouldn't put those rear seats in. don't get me wrong they look great but they take up almost half of your field of view. remember safety first.

I thought about that too once I had them mocked up. The actual headrest is going to be right at the rear window. I really don't like that they are that high. I still have the original backrest and seat bottoms for the rear, but I know that I couldn't get them recovered for probably less than $200.

Last edited:

spav350

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Corpus Christi, Tx
This is the what the bottoms of the rear GTO seats look like.

JulyCamaro013.jpg

This is what I did to be able to install them. It's just 1/4" round bar.

JulyCamaro016.jpg

These are the new brackets I made for the front seats. The tracks are a little wider on the GTO seats.

JulyCamaro005.jpg

These are the rears. I thought it easier to just build a bracket to accomadate the original tracks than to modify the tracks themselves.
JulyCamaro008.jpg

JulyCamaro006.jpg

You can see the electric motor clearance in the background of this photo. By building the brackets the way I did, there was plenty of room for the motor to move with no interferance.
JulyCamaro007.jpg

Last edited:

spav350

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Corpus Christi, Tx
I started working on the brakes too. I got a little bit done but need parts now to complete it.

JulyCamaro031.jpg

Does anyone know if they sell a complete proportioning vavle kit like the one here, or do you have to piece it all together? I don't want to chance going back with the old one. It's in rough shape.

JulyCamaro030.jpg

68400BIRD

Veteran Member
Feb 7, 2006
GO PACK GO
spav350 said:
I bought an updated proportioning valve from a 71. It's alot less of a mess. It's only one vavle verses 3. It'll look cleaner IMO. I got it from www.inlinetube.com. Great help there!!!

Thats what I was going to suggest. The one that I bought is also inside of my master cylinder, so it will look very clean.

spav350

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Apr 8, 2009
Corpus Christi, Tx
che77vy said:
Thats what I was going to suggest. The one that I bought is also inside of my master cylinder, so it will look very clean.

I wish I would have known they had one like that before I bought a new master. Oh well. What did you give for it? I bought new stainless lines for all four corners for like $177 also. Didn't seem too bad IMO. The valve was like 85. A new master was like 12-15, I can't remember exactly.

70rat

Veteran Member
Mar 23, 2003
Reno,NV USA
Sean,did you already purchase a front to rear brake line?Since you changed your porportioning valve you'll need one from a 71-73.

Latest posts