700R trans (1992)


Veteran Member
Aug 18, 2010
Ocala, Fla
is there a "Manual Valve body" (or how to modify) a 1992 700R trans ? to be able to control it like a stick shift without a clutch ?? whatever gear you "select" , it will immediately be in" that gear" and only shift when you "select" a different gear ? ( also, a special "Shifter" for such a trans ??) Thank You


Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Nov 4, 2004
Ringgold, GA
And you do not "need" a special shifter. I do like my B&M Quick Silver though.

Some factory shifters, mainly in Z-28's have a ratchet action. Shift Works makes a kit that converts three speed shifters to four speed. However you will lose ratchet action with this conversion. https://shiftworks.com/