700r4 to T-5

Dioskouori

Aug 5, 2016
Deloit, IA
Do you plan on using the ls1 out of the 99? If not, and you are already willing to spend $2500 on the parts car, you can easily cover your cost without then having to part out the rest of the 99 buying the parts.

warped

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
I don't know how committed you are to a manual swap, but I had the 700r4 rebuilt in my truck (2 wd with a 450 hp 383) about 6 months ago. The cost was $995. I suspect that is cheaper and easier than the manual swap you are considering, although trans rebuilds in CA might be a little more pricey. Good luck.

Last edited:

n00b

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 30, 2012
California
Found this also. 1996 trans am. Asking 1800.00

Heads cam
Full bolt ons
Rebuilt transmission with racing syncros
411 gears
Short throw shifter
True dual exhaust
Manuel dual cut outs
Lt1 made 377 on motor
Brand new stage 2 clutch

The car is not working and here is what needs to be fixed

Needs clutch fork , trans put back in from rebuild , some new trans bolts , and put new oil in the pumpkin

Looks great on the inside.

If it would work I am thinking I could grab the trans, pedals, etc. and sell the rest... maybe make it 0 cost. That would be a first. lol

Dioskouori

Aug 5, 2016
Deloit, IA
Heck, buy the 96, put it back together and sell it for two or three times that much whole. Are these cars stolen? (j/k) but hell of a deal. I thought CA was more expensive than that.

n00b

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 30, 2012
California
If I had the tools/skills I would. :) Probably salvage title cars. I will investigate further. Thanks all.

n00b

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jun 30, 2012
California
I asked a local speed shop for a quote if I provide the parts car. I haven't heard back yet...