70zrs barrett jackson

Discussion in 'Original Drivetrain Topic' started by ren70z, Apr 14, 2018.

1. 70COPO

70COPO Moderator Lifetime Gold Member

It's simple really. The car presented as a correct and proper example. It looked fresh in every respect and ready to drive. Had one of the most desirable paint combinations as well and the option content was proper for a driver who might be inexperienced or older so an automatic fits the bill.

Next time you have a chance take a ride up the coast from Miami north through Bocca and up to Del-Ray.

People there drop $88K like some of us spend $88.00. To one of the wealthy, that car was a shiny object for a wife, a gift for a child, or a driver for a cruise night.

2. Cooldawg

Cooldawg Veteran Member

It was bound to happen, eventually.

There’s a yellow Z06 for sale at the local Chevy dealer. They want mid 80’s for it, and at some point, they’ll get it. Lotta’ things that run $90k in the real economy that when provided a choice, I take the Daytona yellow 70Z- without hesitation.

Supply, demand, quality if not ‘correctness’ of resto, the right ownership history, and one of the sexiest cars GM ever produced. Embrace it CamarosR! A rising tide lifts all boats;)

3. xten

xten Veteran Member

I know a guy that's worth millions. He just bought a 69 Camaro for $55,000 with a 350, badged as a Z. Car is beautiful, complete and runs well, but it's a mutt, just like mine. He changed my perception of what a good deal is. He told me if you pay too much for something and it makes you happy and it's what you really want, that's a good deal. When you get something for much less than it's supposed to be worth and you're not happy with it, not so much unless you're buying to sell.

Dave Nelson likes this.
  4. bkmont

bkmont Veteran Member

Nice to see the 70Zs getting some love. Compared to that price, i gave away my Citrus Green with auto.

5. NOT A TA

NOT A TA Veteran Member

Don't know about where the winning bidder was from but this ^^^ is true. I live in Delray Beach and see this type of thing regularly. I was out riding my bicycle around the neighborhoods closer to the beach one day back during the bottom of the economy. Guy went by me in a new Lamborghini Murcielago. Saw the car a couple streets over with the driver and another guy chatting in the driveway so I stopped, complimented the car, and joined the conversation. He'd just taken delivery (was delivered to his home on a rollback) while he was away and he figured he'd take it out for a Sat. morning spin and show his buddy the new color. He had traded in the previous years years model because he liked the new color that was now available. It's a different world than most of us live in. I'll bet it cost more than 88K to get the new color.

6. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

Nailed it. The guy liked the car and had the loot to blow. Nothing else really matters.

7. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

Where ARE these folks when I sell things?

ronzz572, carr911 and Dave Nelson like this.
  8. Budz

Budz Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

BJ isn't a realistic benchmark for the 'common' guy to put a value on his own car, it's just flash and cash, and neat to watch on TV. Hagerty insures my Z for 60K no questions asked, but could I sell it for that outside of an auction like BJ...... I doubt it...and unlike the OP car, mine's got most of it's original parts and lower mileage.

2ndGenCrazy likes this.
  9. Rich Schmidt

Rich Schmidt Veteran Member

Probably date code and casting number correct.

10. Cooldawg

Cooldawg Veteran Member

And further below:

“Numbers Matching does not promise or guarantee originality of the engine.” So “numbers matching” is a car that has a stamped block. Nice.

And no original documents? Owner history?

My guess is hammer price boils down to a no expense spared type restoration by a nationally recognized (and certified) brand.

It’s a nice, expensive restoration, but is it truly unique? Not. So. Much.