71 Z on phoenix craigslist

redone000

Veteran Member
Jun 21, 2013
Seattle, Wa
http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/4628224255.html
This car is on craigslist in phoenix and I bid on it on ebay, Which was back in may. There are a few errors in the ad. Engine, trans and rear end are supposed to match. Engine and trans were supposed to have been rebuilt but no receipts or pictures. The ebay ad said the car was restored in 2012, but again no pictures or receipts. Is it worth looking at if it were priced a bit less.

sceld71

Veteran Member
Nov 9, 2005
Plain City, Ohio
Too rich for my blood. Two things I noticed that are wrong is the oil cap and I believe the windshield washer hood squitter's are not hooked up. Over all for $42k, I would think the photos would be in focus of the interior or it could be my old tired eyes.

dale68z

Veteran Member
May 14, 2009
Peoria Arizona
The outdoor pictures were not taken in AZ. The few trees we have, if they are alive have leaves year around. The houses we have here do not look like that, ours are stucco (typically)

71's has 12 bolts?

sceld71

Veteran Member
Nov 9, 2005
Plain City, Ohio
azkeebler said:
So... where did the undercarriage of the 4spd car come from?
Can you explain more? Not that im doubting you, I just want to know what your looking at? I think I see it, just want to be sure.

Also, thank you for clarifying on the 12 bolt.

TL73Z28

Veteran Member
May 19, 2010
Long Island
sceld71 said:
Can you explain more? Not that im doubting you, I just want to know what your looking at? I think I see it, just want to be sure.

Also, thank you for clarifying on the 12 bolt.

The picture of the undercarriage looking from the oil pan to the rear shows a manual.. notice you don't see the transmission pan.

Peter Wilson

Veteran Member
Nov 24, 2006
Chance Harbour ,N.B. Canada
My original engine from my Norwood 71 Z has the VIN on the machined pad below the right side head . none on the block by the oil pan rail as this one has in its description . I thought the lower block stamping was a 70 only thing ???

BB72RS

Veteran Member
Dec 30, 2002
coventry,R.I. usa
'71 z28

I may be wrong but it looks like 2 different cars being shown. One car has black taillight buckets and the other white buckets. Also there are two different trannys 1) a t-400 and the other a standard. It also looks like the rear valance has no parting lines at the rear 1/4 panels. But thats just my 2 cents worth .

Latest posts