71 z28 from barret jack o8

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
Watched some coverage of the BJ auction in Vegas, lots of empty seats. Kind of surprising for that area, and prices sure seemed down. The sale of some of the GM collection should be interesting too at Ariz.

CamarosRus

Veteran Member
Feb 16, 2000
Auburn,WA (between Sea & Tac)
That GOLD 71 Z-28 with Non Original Motor had a 72/73 Grill also..........Shop or store from Portland Oregon called the Chevy Connection "builds" Camaros along with "real" paperwork, brings them to B/J, and sells them to fools with all their money.......................

GREGS396

Veteran Member
Oct 16, 1999
allentown pa
Plenty of fools parting with their money at BJ for certain. Many paying way too much for a car only to get their 5 minutes of fame on TV as they win the car. Sad to say, many sellers outside of the BJ auction THINK that they can now sell their car for the same price. How many Ebay auctions do you see that mention what a comparable car sold for at BJ? This auction and others like it have only driven prices up enough to where an "Average Joe' can no longer afford one. Who would ever think that some fool would pay major bucks for a "Clone" or "Recreation" of something? :screwup:

Dean70Z28

Lifetime Gold Member
Mar 30, 2018
Georgia/South Carolina
My 1970 #48 Green Camaro Z28 is real as I found build sheet to my car. Also says special engine Z28. I want to know how many 70 green Z28s with Auto-transmission TH400 produced… Dw/ HELP

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
My 1970 #48 Green Camaro Z28 is real as I found build sheet to my car. Also says special engine Z28. I want to know how many 70 green Z28s with Auto-transmission TH400 produced… Dw/ HELP

That info wasn’t tracked. I’m sure the “how many in my color” has been asked numerous times here. All you can bank on is how many Z28s were built.

The car market does jump around and there are always anomalies. $100k in 2009...same car $75k in 2020

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
And I think that today's buyer is quite a bit more savvy in what's real and what's made to look real. But second gen Camaros are getting popular these days seems like. Green Z cars are not that rare, and automatic trannys aren't either, and that combination might be more common than other colors, such as red or orange etc.

badazz81z28

Veteran Member
May 4, 2001
Alabama
And I think that today's buyer is quite a bit more savvy in what's real and what's made to look real. But second gen Camaros are getting popular these days seems like. Green Z cars are not that rare, and automatic trannys aren't either, and that combination might be more common than other colors, such as red or orange etc.

So true...the ease of passing on a fake Z 20 years ago super easy compared to today. Your non camaro folks always find these websites to validate which wasnt so available then. If you didn't know what to look for in the 90s, you just had to trust the seller. Sheez do you know how many fake 69Zs are out there...ALOT! And all their owners think theirs is real.

Latest posts