72 chevy trucks?

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by Jimmac, Apr 24, 2015.

1. Jimmac

Jimmac Veteran Member

So the nieghbor and I got to talking and he's wanting to sell his 72 chevy long bed. Im thinking perfect summer project. Has a little rust between the floor and rockers where the weatherstripping goes ive been under the truck everything else looks solid. Good tires, 305 motor I installed two years ago. (Used) th350 ps pdb. Seats out of a later model truck. Not perfect but usable. Im thinking get it, fix the little things like the wiper switch seat belts, clean it up and sell it or trade it. Price is $900. Paint is okay for a truck. Might even wax it. Deal or no room for profit? My time is worth zero. Its something to do after work. Jim

2. Da_Raabi

Da_Raabi Veteran Member

I'd be careful trying to flip those old squares. I see nice ones listed for big money, but I'm thinking they dont sell for that. Is this a C or a K 10/20/30?? That can make a difference. It seems the only version of this truck that sells well is the SRW C/K30 or the step-side K10. $900 is a good price but it probably wont leave you much room for profit, especially out there in AZ where they are a dime a dozen. Take a look at gmsquarebody.com for more info. I'm a member there under the same user name.

3. gordonquixote

gordonquixote Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

The long beds are the 4-door equivalent of a muscle car...

4. ChevyReb

ChevyReb Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

THIS^^^^^

I hate it looking on CL and guys don't put LB in heading, or worse yet in add and take photos at extreme angles so you can't see the length of panel between door and rear tire To try and its a long bed.

5. 351maverick

351maverick full time Ebay seller/hustler/car killer

long bed is a no go

unless you'll use it on the farm

6. Jimmac

Jimmac Veteran Member

Im going to throw a battery in it and clean it up. Id be happy at $1500. Usually any truck under $2000 around here long or short bed is usually a total pile of junk. I passed on a 75 swb for $600 not rusted but every panel was dented or dinged and motor torn apart. 72 is the last year of that style which I kind of like. Jim

7. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

Wouldn't take much to make it into a shortbed. If the truck is solid enough, it would definitely be worth the effort.

8. chevyJeff1

chevyJeff1 Veteran Member

Lol.

You guys will rain on anyone's parade

[​IMG]

9. OsborneConst

OsborneConst Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I would buy it! I think that is my next project a 67-72. Around here (michigan) you can't find anything close to solid for $900. I want a long box! I have not decided if I want to do C or a K yet. Either way it would be an LS powered work truck, so I wouldn't want it perfect, as I would use it for hauling material and stuff to my guys.

10. dirtmod08

dirtmod08 Veteran Member Gold Member

I used to have a real sweetheart, lol.:D
    [​IMG]