72 Front end rebuild??

Discussion in 'Suspension, Steering, Brake & Wheel Topics' started by purpleflame, Feb 2, 2012.

1. purpleflame

purpleflame Veteran Member

So I am looking into rebuilding the front suspension on my 72, its the last of my stock suspension parts on the car. I have 9" moser with coilovers and torque arm on the rear and would now like to upgrade to bigger brakes and better handling in the front. with a budget of say 1200-1500 what would be the best bang for the buck to rebuild it? I use the car mainly as a street toy with the intention of hitting the local midnight drags on weekends. Advice/opinions please?

2. newschool72

newschool72 Veteran Member

Are you going with tubular a-arms or stock? I am a big fan of the delalum bushings in the a -arms. They are a 2 piece design that allows the arms to articulate smoothly, with no binding. And they dont deflect ,because they have no rubber or poly in them. They work more like a bearing than a bushing and work equally as well for drag and autocross, as well as the street. Just make sure to orient the grease fitting so you can get to it BEFORE you press the outer sleeve into the a-arm

3. purpleflame

purpleflame Veteran Member

I might be going to tube a-arms just trying to decide if they are worth it or if I would get the same result out of using my stock arms and the offset shafts for the extra caster, also would use the tall ball joint. looking at any and all ideas.

4. frankz

frankz Veteran Member

You are mixing apples with oranges........The combo of tall ball joints and upper arms(tubular) won't make you go any faster in a straight line.They are designed to optimize suspension geometry to improve cornering abilities.The weight savings is small and the cost is .................................not.

5. Z28 Mark

Z28 Mark Veteran Member

I have a complete 1972 Camaro front suspension parts all cleaned- painted, rebuilt w/ new disc rotors/ bearings and new poly bushings, UCA /LCA w/ new ball joints, calipers, steering arms and spindles-complete even have steering box. –in Northern Calif. Contact me if interested -I can send pictures but I can't post a price in this forum but it's cheap- so if interested send me a message. I don't know about shipping...:cool:

6. Z28 Mark

Z28 Mark Veteran Member

Purpleflame- sent you a message- will send pictures today.
    Pictures have been sent to your e-mail.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012