72 parts sheetmetal and rear end

Discussion in 'Auctions and Online Sales' started by Benttube, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Benttube

Benttube Member

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/...nel\":503,\"value\":0,\"upsell_type\":null}"}

$500 for sheetmetal and $150 for rear end.

I stopped by and looked at this stuff this afternoon. Usual rust in lower rear section of fender definitely worth saving though for GM parts. Door has very small rust through on back lower portion of outer skin and needs some small patch work on lower rear edge of inner skin.

Tail panel could be repaired if dead set on GM parts.

Inner fenders looked pretty good except for usual damage under battery trey area.

Deck lid had some rust through, I didn’t spend too much time looking at it or the hood.

I feel like the price is very fair if someone didn’t already have better parts to work with.

2. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

I tried to get him to give me more info on the inner fenders, he’s been a flake. How do they look? He’s 6 hours away from me...or I would go look myself.

“usual rust”...”driver quality” didn’t really give me a good assessment.

@Benttube

3. Benttube

Benttube Member

They looked pretty good except for section under battery box was pretty much gone (normal from what I have seen). Even being within an hour of him it was a little tough to get in touch to look at them. I’m not sure I would go through the repair effort vs AMD inners to be honest. I have a 71 that I plan to sale that had inners in about the same shape and I have a 72 that had great inners.

I do think what he has is worth what he is asking for them. The front outer fenders are definitely worth saving and the door probably is too.

4. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

The reproduction 70-74 inner fenders are absolutely horrible. The holes are just too far off on them and some missing.

I tried to get him to send me pictures. He kept saying driver quality and interesting how the FB photos happen to cover that area up.

5. BARNFIND

BARNFIND Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

6. Benttube

Benttube Member

Yes, those are the same parts. I did not inspect the upper/lower valances well. I was mainly looking at door and fenders. I would assume they are in similar condition to the other parts. Not bolt on ready but salvageable if you are willing to put some work in to have GM metal.