73 Base Camaro going to 2006 LS2 4L65E

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by mrfleet12, Aug 20, 2017.

1. mrfleet12

mrfleet12 Veteran Member

It's been a busy summer but I've had time to make a few changes and put on a few miles. Welcomed my 3rd granddaughter into the world. Grandkids are just awesome!
    Just tripped 5,300 miles yesterday on my way home from work, Fitech is working perfectly.
    Hooked up the Vintage Air and I have to say it's a great upgrade!
    Went to an open house at Heidts last month, met their engineer Jeff who's using his F Body as a test platform for some new products. Made a deal for the rearend out of his car which included a Camaro disc brake setup and 3.42 gears, mine were 3.73 and needed to be replaced. Installed that setup on a Sunday morning and was cruising that afternoon. There's a slight difference off the line with these gears but, cruising down the highway is pretty sweet.
    The LS platform is a great upgrade, really enjoy driving this car.
    Planning to be north of 7k miles before I park it for the winter.

IMG_20190731_200504.jpg IMG_20190721_085010.jpg IMG_20190721_082343.jpg

2. newschool72

newschool72 Veteran Member

Very nicely done ! Now all you need is about 12lbs of boost and you will forget those BBCs :D

mrfleet12 and 71RSLS like this.
  3. newschool72

Of course , you would also have to most likely forget the 4l65 too :roadkill:

mrfleet12 and 71RSLS like this.
  4. newschool72

I'm running the fitech too, but the TB 1200PA. Running a carb intake under it on an LS3. Stabbed a custom grind turbo cam and a home stitched 80mm turbo setup too. All the acceleration I will ever be able to stay on top of and still cruises like it did when it made a little north of 500 ponies ( over 900 now ).
    I'm thinking about putting a 67-72 c10 together with a 5.3 and a couple little bitty turbos. I am thinking I will go the route you did on the fitech on that build . Im glad to hear you have been having good luck with their ecu. To me, it requires less efi knowledge to master the fitech vs an efi live suite on the GM ecu. If the stand alone setup works as good as my TB style fitech, i will be very happy.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2019
  5. 71RSLS

71RSLS Veteran Member

Great work! It looks really nice. I'm trying to decide now how I want to do the ecm etc on my next LS swap. I was leaning towards a holley terminator X. It looked like you can add more components later pretty easily.

mrfleet12 likes this.
  6. mrfleet12

mrfleet12 Veteran Member

Pretty happy with the Fitech, I'm learning as I go with tuning.. Not a turbo guy but I have been eyeing a supercharger.. My buddy has one on his 2012 Camaro with some Nicky work that's putting 600 at the wheels..

7. mrfleet12

mrfleet12 Veteran Member

Thanks!!
    Don't know too much about the Holley setup, I wanted plug and play with simple tuning tools, Fitech fits that very well.
    Next upgrade are some 4th Gen seats in this thing so my backside is more comfortable.. Thinking about doing the Cruise the Coast event next year, sounds like an absolute blast.

71RSLS likes this.
  8. 75Maro

75Maro Veteran Member

Whats your thoughts on the Vintage air setup, can you provide the PN you purchased

9. mrfleet12

mrfleet12 Veteran Member

I bought the Surefit system, it was a pretty simple install and it works great.. My only complaint with it is that the fan is loud but for me that's really minor..

hubedobeedo likes this.
  10. ks71z28

ks71z28 Veteran Member NastyZ28 Sponsor NastyZ28 Sponsor Lifetime Gold Member

contact us, we can help. We do a LOT of LS swaps. Do not go FiTech, the quality is hit and miss