73 Camaro Project plans

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by TapouTCamaro, Feb 7, 2010.

1. TapouTCamaro

TapouTCamaro Member

Hey everyone sorry mods if I posted in the wrong sect. Well I have a 73 Sport Coupe 350/350 with AC....This quest is regarding something that I have altered in my plans to turn the Car into a Pro-touring base....well here goes

My car will be a contribution on my part, my father and little brother. We decided that if the car was to be built to the specs we wanted then it would have to be changed. See the Camaro like I said was gonna be turned into a pro-touring style car. But since then plans have changed. My mom passed away on Dec. 22 2009, since then the project has come to a stall and pretty much lost interest on the part of my father...this has hit him super hard just like the rest of us...You see I want to change the physicality of the cars heart.....no longer will she be running a carbed engine as originally imposed. That reason is that my mom had passed away from Metatstic Lung Cancer, my build will now change direction and hopefully you guys can help me out by guiding me to my destination. I'm looking in to making the engine a more environmentally friendly one....something fuel injected and doesn't sacrifice to much power...I would love the car to be able to produce great gas mileage and clean air that will rival those of GM's newest crop of cars.. so far my options have consisted of the LS series engine family. I know that it is the most logical choice for power and efficiency. If there are other options that would greatly be appreciated.

Now for the body, this is gonna be one of the huge focal points of the car. I was hoping to have a paint scheme that would incorporate the logo of the American Cancer Society or have a color scheme that would represent it. Also on the effects of paint I wanted to Pin stripe the car from rear quarter panel to front fenders with inscriptions from bible verses that my mom loved to read. Both sides of the car will have the inscriptions of the verses and every verse will be different.

obviously with the way the project is currently sitting I have to do a lot of work considering I got the car when it wasn't running, the body is falling apart because there are damages to the rear tail bezel, front driver door, driver and passenger fenders, rust in the trunk, on the fenders and all viable surface rust are there hood, fenders, trunk, roof... This project has come along way so far from what it originally is and I have my Father and brother to thank for that....I'm Hoping you guys can help me get this project rolling again....thanks.:bowtie: :D

2. TapouTCamaro

TapouTCamaro Member

I will have pics of the car posted right after the super bow between the saints n the colts. Before and after. Also another question for suspension tech...I wanted to go with a 81 trans am rear with disc...but with the rarity should I just shoot for a CPP set up instead? Its gonna be driven to Lake Tahoe on an annual bases and El Dorado National forrest it has to be super reliable ( two of my moms favorite place to visit)

3. TapouTCamaro

TapouTCamaro Member

here are some pics I have of the car when it wasn't running
    it was stuck in the street for a little while..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2010
  4. TapouTCamaro

TapouTCamaro Member

This is after repairing the body panels oh and putting 3rd gen wheels on it...because the other wheels had to be sold for the sake of repairs both mechanical and cosmetics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. laninme

laninme Member

Sorry about you Mom....but a nice tribute to her.
    I don't know what your budget is, but a new GM Performance Ram Jet 350, which is fuel injected can be purchased for $5K and are marketed as a replacement for pre-76 vehicles that originally ran a carb.

6. TapouTCamaro

TapouTCamaro Member

Yeah I was lookin to that for an option...a few people also suggested getting the TPI setup from the third gens or going with the EZ Fuel injection system. But I'm gonna have to either bore out the current 350 or atleast replace the heads tto make a little more decent power.

7. TapouTCamaro

TapouTCamaro Member

Driving up north I don't wanna have it boggin on the hills

8. laninme

laninme Member

Ram Jet puts out about 350 horses and about 400 ft. lbs of torque and it's all ready to bolt in, no guess work required. It thats not enough, the new LS option is always there but will cost you more $$$$

9. 77mouse_maro

77mouse_maro Veteran Member

drop in a 6.0 LS-2 and get done

sorry about your mom too... its...

10. 77mouse_maro

77mouse_maro Veteran Member

drop in a 6.0 LS-2 and get done

sorry about your mom too... its...