73 Camaro Project plans

Discussion in 'Camaro Questions' started by TapouTCamaro, Feb 7, 2010.

1. TapouTCamaro

TapouTCamaro Member

Well if I drop in the LS2 then I would have to do alot of work plus the ECU since I wanna get fuel injection and so forth....I would have to buy it complete and then do a tranny swap and driveshaft needs to be modded.... something with maybe a 5k budget

2. TapouTCamaro

TapouTCamaro Member

ok well I just picked up a complete LS1/4L60e combo with ECU I know that BRP makes the Conversion Kit to mount it up and Ill be running Everything as is...so other then the wiring for the ECU what else would I need? powertrain wiring maybe? and if I run a summitracing fuel injection gas tank wat would be the best way to do the fuel system...and budget of course. I got everything for 2K so my budget is around 3k left

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. TapouTCamaro

TapouTCamaro Member

ok I decided to update this section its been awhile since I have been on the project. heres a pics of the tear down

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. TapouTCamaro

TapouTCamaro Member

debating on wheter to continue the build.....had to sell the LS1 and 4L60e to make the house payment....bah maybe its time for the 2nd gen to go.....any idea of the value they hold? Its priceless to me but its either the car or the House....

5. Chevrolaine

Chevrolaine Veteran Member Gold Member

Take care of the family first dude. Cars can always be had when time and money permit. Good Luck with everything!

6. TapouTCamaro

TapouTCamaro Member

Thanks

Thanks Laine Cars been wit me for about 5 years and went from bare shell to somewhat a car:screwup: so it makes me wanna hold on a bit you know.