73 deluxe door panels

Discussion in 'Interior Restoration' started by Tricky's Zzzz, Feb 16, 2018.

1. Tricky's Zzzz

Tricky's Zzzz New Member

I have the 73 deluxe door panels which I need to replace, and are not available unless used, and are crazy money. Can anyone tell, me what I would need to convert to the regular door panels? Thanks in advance for an help you can give me. Rick

2. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I believe the regulator shaft (where the crank fits) is longer on the deluxe doors.
    That would leave the window crank standing out away from the regular panel.

I'm not sure if the splined area of the shaft is long enough that you could shorten it so you might want to go with standard window regulators too.

3. xten

xten Veteran Member

Bodymanbill's son was making the bezels on a 3D printer. The one that goes between the door panel and the window crank.That might take up some of that regulator shaft that Terry is talking about?

4. bodymanbill

bodymanbill Veteran Member

I also have a set of upper 73 Deluxe trim panels that are not perfect, the wood grain is wavy with some dings in them but the vinyl is nice ,that I would sell very reasonable also. I'm still working some of the dings out of them but should be ready to sell them in a few weeks hopefully

5. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

If it is the upper part, near the window that is bad, there was a post on NastyZ where a member took the hard plastic part from a standard panel (that is available repop) and grafted onto the deluxe panel. It really turned out well.

6. Tricky's Zzzz

Tricky's Zzzz New Member

The vinyl on mine is where the problem is. Let me know when you are ready to sell? The lowers are in good shape.

bodymanbill likes this.