73 Front Speaker

Discussion in 'Car Audio, Electronics & Security' started by Westy, May 3, 2015.

1. Westy

Westy Member

Well, I guess I deserve this. It's a RS Z28 with AC. Bought the 2 speaker setup to replace the factory front speaker, I think it was from Camaro Central, and also a NPD dash cap. Planned on doing both at the same time. OK, my car doesn't have a bracket to mount the speakers. I'm not sure it ever had a front speaker. I've read a few threads here about guys that fabbed a way, but quite honestly I'm not a metal worker, and my MIG skills are nonexistent! So now what. I'm tired and going to bed....is the mounting bracket even available? Thanx........

Brian

2. grzewnicki

grzewnicki Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Last edited: May 3, 2015
  3. Westy

Westy Member

Thanx for the help. I looked at some pics on this site and that one looks right. Hopefully someone here can confirm.

B

4. 408maro

408maro Veteran Member

5. Westy

Westy Member

OK...That's the one I ordered, but it was from Ricks Camaros. It doesn't say anything about a bracket, so I guess I'll wait and see when it gets here Mon or Tues. Thanx

6. 408maro

408maro Veteran Member

I'm curious to see how it comes out. Post a pic.

7. bowtie98607

bowtie98607 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Mine came with the bracket attached. I bought mine from camaro central.

8. Westy

Westy Member

Is that the bracket than runs across the middles of the speaker set, or are you talking about the one that's around the circumference of both speakers with 2 holes on each end.

9. camaro73lt

camaro73lt Veteran Member

Westy - I believe I have an OEM front speaker bracket left over from my 73 if you need it. LMK.

10. Westy

Westy Member

OK everyone. Tore into the dash, got a new pad coming, so why not. The original speaker and bracket are there. I was hyped. Then I found out that my new speaker won't work with that bracket...........into the parts box!!!!!

I took some galvanized strapping, and twisted and bent and drilled (there went half a day!!) Attached it and it seems pretty snug. It's not pretty, but it seems to work. So then I started taking the heat/AC stuff apart to clean and reseal. Not one seal was left on anything. Off to the parts store tomorrow! But it WILL work,,,I swear!! Just found out you cant find decent Lower dash Lap Vent ducts. The ones on EBay aren't even decent for what they're asking. Looks like I'll have to wait until someone decides to make them. He!!,,,,,,,they make everything else for the dash! So on I go with this endeavor. I thought I was almost done, but Noooooooooooooo! There's always something else!

Jim,,,thanx for the offer, but as it turns out it wont be needed. But, thanx again!

Brian