73 T code stock 350 upgrades for HP

Discussion in 'Tips 'n' Tricks Topic' started by EasyZ, May 28, 2021.

1. EasyZ

EasyZ Member Gold Member

Guys & Girls,
    I need some suggestions on my 1973 z28 T code 350. It is mostly stock, I have headers and HEI, that’s about it. Stock qudrajet, head’s and motor. The heads have been redone about 9 years ago (Stock set-up, lifters, valves & springs) original bottom end. This is a numbers matching Engine, I don’t want to ruin it BUT! I want a little more horse power. Any suggestions. Besides cam and aluminum heads? I’ve been thinking about pulling the T code and throwing in a BluePrint 383, just so I don’t ruin the stock 350. What would you guys and girls do?

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 28, 2021
  2. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

I would get a crate and or custom built engine and put you number matching numbers engine away .That way you can abuse the crate engine all you want, And not hurt your stock engine ,I have seen people do this a number of times .Even make the crate engine "look" stock,

Bentley likes this.
  3. tom3

tom3 Veteran Member

Number one change in the stock engine would have to be the heads. Compression and air flow. But then the basic engine originality is shot. I too would start with a crate engine and I'd go with some setup with vortec style heads and roller cam as a minimum.

Bentley likes this.