73z28 A/c

supwicha

Veteran Member
Feb 23, 2014
Victorville, CA
Brett Hogg said:
Hope i'm on the right page. Can someone give me the correct gas quantity for R134A, original system with Sanden 508 compressor.

This is difficult to answer as that refrigerant type was not in use during this generation. Generally, pound per pound, you will use Less than the original R12 charge due to the elevated pressures generated using R134. Assuming the system conversion is correct and operating properly, you best bet it to charge based on system performance meaning taking ambient temperatures into consideration and decent condenser airflow while the vehicle is stationary for charging. I'm guessing if I were charging this system, I would probably expect to see around 2lbs of refrigerant and with an outside temperature of say around 85F, engine at 750-1,000 RPM you could expect the low side pressures to be around 35 PSI with high side pressures close to 200 PSI with the potential to climb if you do not have good condenser airflow.

Lastly, did you do an actual R134a conversion? If one just evacuates the system and changes oil type and re-charges, there is a large probability the system will leak out in short order as the original hoses are not "barrier" type hoses as well are the o-rings and other sealing surfaces.

Let me know the details of your project/job and I could better answer.

Brett Hogg

Apr 5, 2014
Rockhampton Australia
Supwicha, i purchased the vehicle EX Texas and imported to Australia. It had no compressor fitted, as well as missing the 2 x hoses. The POA and HP pipe both have R134A fittings. I will flush/ clean the system, and reconnect was just hoping someone had the charge weight...

Brett Hogg

Apr 5, 2014
Rockhampton Australia
So guy's, another question. As i work away from home, i try to purchase parts so they are ready for install when i get home. What Condensers are being used for 134 gas, any part numbers and brands would be appreciated. Would like to try and keep the original look if possible.

jsibayan

Veteran Member
Jun 11, 2013
Salinas, CA
Brett Hogg said:
So guy's, another question. As i work away from home, i try to purchase parts so they are ready for install when i get home. What Condensers are being used for 134 gas, any part numbers and brands would be appreciated. Would like to try and keep the original look if possible.

Hey Brett Hogg, did you ever complete your setup. I'm kinda curious. Please reply.