74 Camaro

Polanjl

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Well finely got the my Camaro project back on track or at least started it again. I started on it about 10 years ago but then had to stop everything because of work but now because of that work I have the money to rebuild the car. I have owned this car since 1983 and was my first car that I owned.

Polanjl

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
It will stay mostly stock on the out side, I have the Z28 front spoiler for it and it has the rear one on it but I took it off when I was working on it. As for the engine I really haven't made up my mind yet weather to stay with the 350 I have in it or get a 350 ramjet to put in it. Planning to replace the four speed with a six speed so I can get down the highway with out it revving it up so much and get hopefully get some kind of gas mileage our of it instead gas per mile. Need to find some seats for it that are comfortable because I plan to drive the car and I have looked at the bucket seats out there and they are kind of small. They would be great for racing but not for cruising around, so does anybody have a idea what seats I should look at?

grzewnicki

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Dec 9, 2009
Gordon from Jacksonville Fl
Early 90's Nissan 300Zx seats are what I just put it in mine. Others use 4th Gen Camaro/firebird also popular is the GTO seats, the ones that ame out around 05 or 06. I'm sure those are not easy to find but a few people on here seem to come across them. Hope you remember where everything goes!

Polanjl

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
I have looked at the seats you were talking about and both look nice. But did you build the brackets for the 300zx seats or did you find a bracket kit that would work? I really like the GTO seats and most of the sets I found came with the back seats also, I wonder if you could fit the back seats into the camaro also.

Are any of you running tube a-frames on your car and if so was it worth it?

grzewnicki

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Dec 9, 2009
Gordon from Jacksonville Fl
Here is the link that started the whole 300Zx seat thing. On the 4th page you can see what I did to get the tracks to bolt right in where my old ones went. The front part of the Zx seat track does have to be heated up and bent, so it will sit flat against our floor. The passenger side seat is easy to modify with just 2 pieces of flat steel. The drivers side is a little harder, you cannot just use a piece of steel from one side to the other due to the seats adjusters, which allow the front and back to go up and down.

http://www.nastyz28.com/forum/showthread.php?t=264659

Polanjl

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Thanks for the info on the seats and it is something I will look at again when i get to that point. But will keep my eye open in case I run a cross a good deal on a set.

I found out the other day that the floor pan in it was good but has a lot of little holes after media blasting and the same goes for the trunk pan so I have to replace those before I can do anything else, will cost more to repair than to replace.

Polanjl

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Jul 27, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Well I got the new floor pan, trunk pan and lots of little parts in for the camaro. We also just got the front end parts back from being powder coated.