74 Type LT tail panel trim install question

oldchev

Sep 23, 2008
Santa Maria, Ca
I have a 74 Z28 LT and it has (had) this trim. Over the course of years one fell off and before I could reattach it, It was lost or misplaced. I never found a replacement. So I removed the rest of the trim so it wouldn't look funky, then more years went by. I cant find this trim anywhere.
Does anyone know a source for all or some of these rare pieces?

pleiku10

Jun 25, 2011
Nashua, NH
I have a 74 Z28 LT and it has (had) this trim. Over the course of years one fell off and before I could reattach it, It was lost or misplaced. I never found a replacement. So I removed the rest of the trim so it wouldn't look funky, then more years went by. I cant find this trim anywhere.
Does anyone know a source for all or some of these rare pieces?

Jonesy

Veteran Member
Jun 7, 2008
Minnesota
I have seen 1 complete set on ebay, each piece was listed individually and if I recall, all sold for about $150 per piece.
I have also seen a few pieces show up once in a while on ebay. They all sold quickly. That was in the last 8 years or so.
Never seen any since. The 74 grille is also a rare piece to find and one year only like the LT emblems and trim.
I think 3m makes an adhesive tape that is good for remounting these.

mallard

Veteran Member
Oct 3, 2013
SK, Canada
There's a thread a few years old on this site about this very issue. Someone that's good at finding old threads may be able to help. There's some kind of plastic trim that's bought in bulk that you cut yourself that's apparently a fairly good facsimile.

Last edited:

74Z28GC3

Veteran Member
Sep 1, 2000
North Pole, Alaska
I look through my whole 74 Camaro assembly booklet and I did not locate a diagram of the the 4 rear panel pieces in it. I wondered why GM left that out of the booklet.

zfool

Veteran Member
May 19, 2014
Rochester, MN
I’ve had some extra pieces I’ve sold on here for my cost. If I see them I share the links here. I think a full set went for 250 awhile back. I thought it was a good price. I do know a guy that has a full set NOS Cataloged and hasn’t found them yet. but he’s been been looking when he can for the past 5-6 years.

Latest posts