74 Valve cover brackets for spark plug wires

CamaroNmotion

Veteran Member
Jan 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
That sure is odd. Mine is 4N189 built 04B and has T10 and points. Anything I had ever heard about the Muncie transmissions was they were no longer installed after January '74
January 1974 is when the memo was released about the trans. change , it was a rolling change. GM wasn't going to scrap a bunch of Muncies because of a memo exactly in January that day.....what they did is use them up till there gone. BTW I am the original owner of my car, its a 2B build and has the M20 MUNCIE trans and this is the same trans that is in the car today.

Z28PILOT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 8, 2009
Emerald Isle , NC
That sure is odd. Mine is 4N189 built 04B and has T10 and points. Anything I had ever heard about the Muncie transmissions was they were no longer installed after January '74
What is your stamped engine block code suffix ? CMS or CLJ ?
You can click on the link below , all the 74 Camaro Engine /transmission drive train combos and suffixes are on this page about half way down .

https://nastyz28.com/camaro/camaro74.html

Last edited:

mallard

Veteran Member
Oct 3, 2013
SK, Canada
What is your stamped engine block code suffix ? CMS or CLJ ?
You can click on the link below , all the 74 Camaro Engine /transmission drive train combos and suffixes are on this page about half way down .

https://nastyz28.com/camaro/camaro74.html
Thank you. Although my car VIN and engine block VIN match, so it doesn't reveal anything new. CLJ=350 mt (manual trans) z (z28). CMS would add "ce" for "California Emissions" (car wasn't sold new in California)

Z28PILOT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 8, 2009
Emerald Isle , NC
Thank you. Although my car VIN and engine block VIN match, so it doesn't reveal anything new. CLJ=350 mt (manual trans) z (z28). CMS would add "ce" for "California Emissions" (car wasn't sold new in California)
thank you , this answered my question I asked previously , I had inquired because I never seen anybody have a CLJ motor and a Warner 4 speed , just curious , I’ve been on here a long time and yours is the first I heard paired like that on this site.

mallard

Veteran Member
Oct 3, 2013
SK, Canada
thank you , this answered my question I asked previously , I had inquired because I never seen anybody have a CLJ motor and a Warner 4 speed , just curious , I’ve been on here a long time and yours is the first I heard paired like that on this site.
"CLJ" appears to mean any 350 z28 4sp without California emissions in the 1974 model year, so I wouldn't think my car having a T10 would be much of a unicorn.

Z28PILOT

Veteran Member
Lifetime Gold Member
Oct 8, 2009
Emerald Isle , NC
"CLJ" appears to mean any 350 z28 4sp without California emissions in the 1974 model year, so I wouldn't think my car having a T10 would be much of a unicorn.

Nothing bad or wrong with it at all….I figured there was a few , but never had run across one. I just have always had a interest in 74 car trivia , Just a very interesting time line reference to the engine and transmission changes. Your car answered a question I had wondered for a long time is all. The CLJ Warner exists …! Thank you for your help.

mallard

Veteran Member
Oct 3, 2013
SK, Canada
Nothing bad or wrong with it at all….I figured there was a few , but never had run across one. I just have always had a interest in 74 car trivia , Just a very interesting time line reference to the engine and transmission changes. Your car answered a question I had wondered for a long time is all. The CLJ Warner exists …! Thank you for your help.
As a ‘74 owner myself I’ve been very interested in the trivia too. Another example is how many Camaros were built after April ‘74? Nasty numbers don’t go beyond that but from anything I’ve read the ‘74s may have been built into early September. Zfools car iirc was built in august.