74 Z resto

CamaroNmotion

Veteran Member
Jan 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
And I don’t know how long it takes to retool a plant for the next year but the stats still show in excess of 50,000 camaros built in sept 74 as ‘75 models.

sorry, there were 11248 sept/74 built ‘75s
My father worked at Ford Stamping Plant and there was a required plant shut down for two weeks to switch over die's for the next model year.

mallard

Veteran Member
Oct 3, 2013
SK, Canada
My father worked at Ford Stamping Plant and there was a required plant shut down for two weeks to switch over die's for the next model year.
Interesting info. The low production numbers for Sept '74 for the '75 model year Camaro and the rather late introduction into the show rooms in September of the '75 model Camaros lends more credence to z28PILOT's contact's assertion that the '74 model Camaro was being built as late as into September/74.

zfool

Veteran Member
May 19, 2014
Rochester, MN
It’s a great car, now with the temps getting into the 30’s and 40’s it will help. Hey some vaccines flowing and we’ll be in good shape.

zfool

Veteran Member
May 19, 2014
Rochester, MN
It’s a fantastic car, it’s been slow with COVID and working. As well as finding some rare parts, like these NOS date correct HEI plug wires. Hens teeth are easier to find lol.
670D4E69-D0B4-4DD5-81BC-7C3D2EB97431.jpeg

Latest posts