74 z28 at copart in Jacksonville Florida...nice looking car!

Discussion in 'Auctions and Online Sales' started by Tony Montana, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Tony Montana

Tony Montana New Member

Hey guys I was looking at few cars there last week and saw a sweet looking yellow z28. If I had a little bit more $ and garage space it would be in my garage. Sounded good and a clean body with no rust underneath anywhere. Interior looked nice and clean as did the engine. This was definately someone's baby.

2. CamarosRus

CamarosRus Veteran Member

CAMARO21.jpeg CAMARO22.jpeg With your smart phone and this great new format pics are so easy to post...........

Just saying

3. DENALI

DENALI Veteran Member

4. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

5. Tony Montana

Tony Montana New Member

Sorry I did not get pics...I was in a rush. Ill be back through Jacksonville on Friday and will stop in again to drop out of a few cars and will snap off some pics. Its amazing the car now looks nothing like it did in the that other link....looks like it had a high end restoration and the paint is so glossy. Yes Copart has bad cars but Ive bought lots of nice stuff there. Its just like any other place...sometimes you find a gem! I saw a 69 Copo at a Copart facility a few years ago! Crazy...

6. 70lt1z28

70lt1z28 Veteran Member Gold Member

I tried Copart when I was looking for an RV. I would have one all picked out and then watch the auction. Invariably it would bid high and go to either what I believe was a proxy buyer of RV's in Seattle or Arizona. Oh well. But then in a week or two it would be relisted. Shill bidding? This happened many times. I gave up as it seemed rigged.

By the way...word of warning. When looking at a flood damaged RV at a wrecking yard, do not, I repeat DO NOT open the refrigerator! There were life forms in there that defy description and the smell will haunt me for the rest of my life.

Me_n_my_z likes this.
  7. ssupercoolss

ssupercoolss Veteran Member

So, this car is still up for sale, and i thought the auction was supposed to be done by now. But now the BIN is now $14,900.

So, was this really someones baby, or someones headache? Again, i am always super skeptical of Copart.