74 Z28 oil pan 3974251 gasket

Discussion in 'Engine Topic' started by younda, Oct 28, 2019.

1. younda

younda Veteran Member

I'm reading various posts about pros and cons for one piece felpro gaskets but it appears they aren't made for the original oil pan. Curious if anyone has used another one piece gasket for this. I was considering getting an aftermarket pan because of dents on the original one but what I thought was a simple item doesn't seem so simple as far as fit.

2. flht99b

flht99b Veteran Member Gold Member

I'm not aware of a 1 piece pan gasket for the earlier pans with the thin front seal. I believe I still have an original GM pan gasket set for the thin front seal pans, have the front and rear seal also. Also have a great condition 3974251 LT-1 oil pan, no pitting or dents. Currently painted in self etching primer. Have windage tray and main studs also.

3. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

I used the Felpro one piece oil gasket on my factory 71Z oil pan and in my opinion they are great no leaks so far for a couple of years

4. younda

younda Veteran Member

wnmech - do you have the part number? Summit Racing texted back Felpro OS34510T but description shows it’s for later years

5. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

I pulled up my year application on the Summit site and it shows the number you mentioned and the picture shows what mine looked like with the alignment pins and new bolts. I bought mine several years ago from my local O Reilly auto store locally here.

6. Pc3

Pc3 Veteran Member