74 Z28 vacuum line bracket - Qjet to booster

Discussion in '1974 Specific' started by younda, Aug 9, 2021.

1. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

That is most interesting. I just nosed through that 900 mile ‘74 thread and found the “grommetless” pic. The bracket sure looks like it’s intended to have a grommet but that pic sure speaks volumes on that. I wonder if it’s present on some cars and not on others?

74Z28GC3 likes this.
  2. berg2695

berg2695 Veteran Member

Here is the one that came off my '77 Z. It's slightly different than the previous pics. The 1977 assembly manual lists a rubber grommet (# 342432) but I can`t remember if it was installed or not. The part number might be 3923243 if it also served as the rear lift bracket. 20210813_125206.jpg

3. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

And the curiosity was getting to me so I had to look. And interestingly enough, mine has no grommet.

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Veteran Member

My low mile 4 speed car doesnt have this bracket. I have a feeling it may have got tossed out.
    Is there a part number for this bracket? ANyone got an extra :)

5. MChamp

MChamp Veteran Member

I may have it. I had a supposed 74Z way years back. Basket case. I basically gave the car and stuff away but I think I still have some baskets lol. I'll dig around. Heck, I've found 5 carburetors today I forgot I had o_O!

6. younda

younda Veteran Member

I’m looking for this - but I may have been trumped

MChamp likes this.
  7. MChamp

MChamp Veteran Member

My bad younda, if I got it, it's yours. you were the original poster. gimme a couple days to see?

8. Jonesy

Jonesy Veteran Member

Didnt mean to step on any toes. INSPECTOR57 replied to your post that he had the part so I assumed you got what you need. If thats not the case then I am second in line.

9. INSPECTOR57

INSPECTOR57 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Just to clear, I wasn't claiming that I had the correct part - just that it was similar to what was pictured. The grommet is easily removed if that's a concern for accuracy. I'll wait to see if the OP doesn't want it before I'll consider interest from others.
    Gary

10. mallard

mallard Veteran Member

Hey, I bought a whole car to get that part in 1985 (joking of course) but truthfully, when I bought my '74 in '84, much under the hood had been removed and I bought a badly rusted type LT Z28 that was close to stock under the hood and that's where I got my bracket.

My survivor car is a 4sp and the donor was a turbo 400 so I don't know if the "correct" bracket is different depending on tranny or not. All I know is it looks right and serves the purpose.