77 Coupe Resto

MChamp

Veteran Member
Jun 6, 2021
north carolina
I'd tell ya, but you'll have to sign a declaration you'll help me change my '72s when the need arises HA!
Seriously though, best I can figure would be the passenger side back-up lights, circuit (#24)
Good job!

MChamp

Veteran Member
Jun 6, 2021
north carolina
aye Twisted I saw that too, I'd surely hope it wasn't though lol.. Thanks Quazit, yeah, it's about 2.5/3 hrs from me, Burlington. Maybe in 20 years when I get mine done we can meet and share war stories lol. best wishes..

Quazit

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Feb 23, 2021
Dallas, North Carolina
So, I apologize for no posts for a while. The weather here in N.C. and an open carport doesn't combine well for me. I have been waiting ti weld in my drivers pan and redo the seats, headliner, etc.

In the meantime I was trying to source some items: Radiator Core Support, Drivers Door, Front Lower Valance. I was squeamish about those prices and fit from some sources, so I've just been looking.

Lo and behold a guy locally listed a 75 which he was trying to part out less than an hour away. Worked out a good deal and picked it up (mentioned in another thread).

My plan right now is to take the above parts off of the 75 and finish the 77. Then I have to decide if I'm going to get a bonded title and keep the 75, or just get my money back for parts.

The main parts I need are solid. The 75 (Will include photo) is rotted in the rear quarters in a very odd way. The trunk pan only rusted above the passenger side support which was strange considering the rust on the rear quarters. The pans are actually rusted, but better than the 77 when I started. I'll dive into it more later, but my big decision will be whether I try to get a bonded title in N.C. (Its a real pita to do), or just sell the leftovers, which I hate to do. [We have a lot of dirt track guys here that will pay me more than what Ive got in it for basically the frame and inner shell.]

I'm more than happy to take your thoughts on that, I hate to see a car get destroyed, but N.C. has like a 7 step process to Bond and get a title. And it's not fun or quick.

A.Fill out an Affidavit of Facts:

AFFIDAVIT QUESTIONS
1. How did you acquire the vehicle? List the seller’s full name, full address, and phone number.
2. List the date you acquired the vehicle.
3. Is the vehicle currently titled in North Carolina? If no, list the last title state.
4. Does the VIN plate appear on the vehicle? If so, please give the location.
5. Are there any liens outstanding on the vehicle? If so, list the lienholder’s name and provide a lien release.
6. Has the vehicle been wrecked? If so, list the major parts replaced.
7. If you were given a title at the time of purchase, why can it not be furnished at the present time?
8. Explain, in detail, why the seller did not give you a properly assigned title for the vehicle.
9. What steps have you taken to contact the seller/previous owner to obtain proper ownership documentation?

B. Have car inspected by N.C. Highway Patrol (Verify VIN Tags). [Will take months]
C. Determine Value of Vehicle
D. Purchase an insurance Bond on it (In case someone claims its stolen)
E. Apply for Title
F. Pay title and tax fees

270281445_5040572569356281_22197204841261980_n.jpg
270322729_358996126037188_45012259311199646_n.jpg
270278466_227218942935535_3991407379692440573_n.jpg
270309227_418580286666822_5299838761032841418_n.jpg

Last edited:

Oldskool62

Veteran Member
Sep 29, 2017
That would be an interesting challenge. I'm the same as you I really don't like seeing these old bangers getting scrapped. In saying that totally understand the economics (and labour) of rebuilding something in this condition.

Quazit

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Feb 23, 2021
Dallas, North Carolina
That would be an interesting challenge. I'm the same as you I really don't like seeing these old bangers getting scrapped. In saying that totally understand the economics (and labour) of rebuilding something in this condition.

Yeah. The bottom portion not so bad. I did that on the 77. Removed the tail lights cut out welded back in etc. but that top part will be a challenge for sure.

Latest posts