77 Coupe Resto

DougD

Veteran Member
Dec 2, 2014
Bradenton, FL
As I mentioned in another thread. I installed the lines but Inlines lines do not match this car. So, I will be sending my lines to them to duplicate.

Also, I know I havent updated much lately, but I went under the car last week and removed a ton of surface rust on the rear end and rails, etc. She is getting closer. I need to finish the drivers toe board/pan (Most difficult one in my opinion) and then get the interior back in.

I have the 75 donor in the back yard that has sway bars and upgraded goods I need to look at before wasting too much time doing it all twice. The 75, I believe has a posi rear end with chrome axle cover and sways. So I hope to be looking at that this week. Also ordered the rear lower tail panel thats rusted out form Camaro Central today to I can replace my rusted one.

I replaced the hood latch with the 75. It fits but I need help adjusting the hood opening. I have lowered the corner closers (Not sure what they're called, the little posts that you can adjust for hood height) and tried to adjust the hood latch, but I can't get it to pop open without someone pushing down on the hood for it to release. The pull is extremely hard to pull unless someone puts downward pressure on the front of the hood.

Any suggestions on making those adjustments?

Good luck getting your originals back in decent condition.

Quazit

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Feb 23, 2021
Dallas, North Carolina
This is the current condition of my original lines. Rear is a little better (still have the attached end, but not much better lol.

Attachments

• 280737463_357467299595390_4464351981640354480_n.jpg
    280737463_357467299595390_4464351981640354480_n.jpg
    124.4 KB · Views: 53

Ratty_81

Veteran Member
Nov 13, 2020
You can adjust the large latch pin(with the spring around it) once you get the stoppers on the core support set to the correct height to lessen the tension on it.

Ratty_81

Veteran Member
Nov 13, 2020
I gave up on trying to get my front sheet metal gaps, etc perfect, especially with an aftermarket hood. I figure it probably looks as good as it did off the line in 81…

Quazit

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Feb 23, 2021
Dallas, North Carolina
Coming back to the hood conversation. It looks like the actual latch "Hook" part of the assembly is going too deep into the upper assembly. This is a stock hood which I have never removed. My lines are pretty good. Haven't looked at it yet, but are there any adjustment back and forth for the bolts on the upper latch?

Also Got a reply form Inline Tube below:

"
Charles, I received your lines today and have processed the order for duplication. Once they are made and ready to ship you will receive an email with tracking information.

--

Thanks, Michael, Inline Tube

"

I appreciate good customer service like this. It is harder and harder to find.

Latest posts