77 Coupe Resto

Twisted_Metal

Administrator
Staff member
Lifetime Gold Member
Feb 26, 2004
Bloomington, MN
There is a seal around the gear selector shaft on the driver’s side.

I think you may need a special tool to replace it if you find the leak there.

Quazit

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Feb 23, 2021
Dallas, North Carolina
There is a seal around the gear selector shaft on the driver’s side.

I think you may need a special tool to replace it if you find the leak there.
I'm pretty sure that's it. Napa kit for 9 bucks and a little work. Thanks Twisted!

Attachments

• seal-fix.png
    seal-fix.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 38

Quazit

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Feb 23, 2021
Dallas, North Carolina
Well, last night after work I removed the arm to the gear selector shaft and cleaned it good. Let it sit overnight.

Lo and behold transmission fluid leaking at the seal there. Hopefully tonight it'll be one less thing on my list.

Quazit

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Feb 23, 2021
Dallas, North Carolina
Well, finally got to this. Removed the old seal yesterday and replaced the new one today. Put it all back together and praying that in the morning, the garage and pan will be dry.

Quazit

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Feb 23, 2021
Dallas, North Carolina
Update. No leak whatsoever after changing the shift seal on the transmission.

Also began the installation of the Killmat in prep for ordering Carpet. Have asked for samples of the ACC carpet with the plush and backing. Didn't think carpet would be almost 400 bucks
but I guess that's just how it is. Seats and center console aren't permanently installed, just beginning this process.

I wasn't sure if I should cover the drain plugs completely since any water won't have anywhere to go.

What did you do with your drain plugs if you installed sound barrier?

killz1.jpg

Quazit

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Feb 23, 2021
Dallas, North Carolina
Just when you think it’s getting to closure, you remember something else.

Previous owner had cut the threads from the rear seatbelt mechanism to the front lap belt.

After disassembling oiling and adjusting the take up screw. Used some thick thread and sewed them back together.

It won’t fix itself!

Not pretty right now but they’ll Work.

Attachments

• FDE16071-23B1-4D4A-AA87-0DAAFAB4C66A.jpeg
    FDE16071-23B1-4D4A-AA87-0DAAFAB4C66A.jpeg
    267.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 2BF43AF0-33CC-48AD-9271-5AADB0E1F63E.jpeg
    2BF43AF0-33CC-48AD-9271-5AADB0E1F63E.jpeg
    216.7 KB · Views: 31

Quazit

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Feb 23, 2021
Dallas, North Carolina
Removed the headliner this weekend for repair. The foam cloth had separated from a few spots. I debated how to move forward then I just said screw it. Pulled it out. Peeled back carefully where the separation was, used 3m spray glue on both surfaces. Used the same roller I'm using for the sound deadening to roll the material back to the backer board. All better now. Carpet should be her sometime tomorrow so I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks.

Thankfully my brother was over to help me finalize brake bleeding and he helped me get it back in.

Latest posts