77 Type LT Budget Build

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by ZerroHalfcup, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Gasoholic

Gasoholic Veteran Member

Good to see you chipping away.

ZerroHalfcup likes this.
  2. 76 for 26

76 for 26 Member

I’m currently installing a full floor pan with braces and torque boxes I purchased from npd. It was pretty decent. So far, Torque boxes were off ever so slightly and I had to make several relief cuts to eliminate gaps on both ends, but nothing big. Couple pics over on my thread...currently working on attaching the sides to the rockers.

3. ZerroHalfcup

ZerroHalfcup Member

I just read through your thread, I have a lot of respect for you man. I love your reason for wanting to do it and it looks like you have made some awesome progress. Thankfully my torque boxes, frame rails and floor braces, with the exception of one that is a little tweaked, are pretty solid. My car seems to have lived in the south it's entire life so all of the rot came from where piles of leaves and dirt sat in it while it was sitting out in a field. Best of luck with your car, I'm definitely going to have to keep up with your progress.

4. ZerroHalfcup

ZerroHalfcup Member

Still need to tweak the fitment in the top right and along the trans tunnel but everywhere else I'm happy with. It won't be perfect but I'm shooting for function over form here so as long as it's solid and holds, then rock n roll. I was hoping to have this welded in weeks ago but it's crazy how much things change in a short time. Hoping to get some tac welds on it tonight and work on getting the fitment closer but I'm not holding my breath. Fingers crossed

20200326_193251.jpg

[email protected] likes this.
  5. RS1979

RS1979 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

With school being on hold, you'll have some extra time.

6. Gasoholic

Gasoholic Veteran Member

Looks good.
    Keep us posted

ZerroHalfcup likes this.
  7. dave@ztech

[email protected] Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I might have some parts for your car, I think, a tail light or two, a part of the grill and maybe rear window trim, and I actually have the rear glass, however that would be a bioch to shipp haa ha, any ways, I will not need them I got them from a guy cheap with some parts I needed , so I would let you have them cheaap

8. ZerroHalfcup

ZerroHalfcup Member

That's the funny part. I'm very lucky to have the ability to work from home so between classes being online now and work, I'm still just as busy. The only difference is the car is downstairs and I can't really touch it throughout the day.

I may get with you on those taillights and grille. The car came with the rear glass, I just pulled it out and moved it inside along with some other parts.

9. Zspoiler

Zspoiler Veteran Member

well you just do it as you can .Remember its a hobby.

10. ZerroHalfcup

ZerroHalfcup Member

Every other time I touch this car, I learn something new. This is round two of doing plug welds, turns out they aren't much good if they don't penetrate the metal behind it. Gave it a few good yanks at different points and these are holding nice and tight. Still need to finish welding the rest of it in along the trans tunnel but I'm going to have to make a piece to fill that gap. I'm not really in the mood to create a 3/8" wide weld.

20200404_141004.jpg 20200405_112112.jpg

Gasoholic likes this.