78-81 Door panel chrome strip


Veteran Member
Jul 25, 2005
Lorain, OH
The chrome or mylar strip on my driver door panel is damaged. Anyone know if these can be removed and/or replaced without buying a complete door panel set? I haven't been able to find just the strip, but if I get a used door panel wondering if I'll be able to swap it out. How are they attached?



Plater Tom

Veteran Member
Feb 2, 2003
Mt Pleasant, Pa. USA
You can buy rolls of the chrome looking tape. It is not quite the right width, but if you install it from the 'top", only a very small amount will not be covered on the bottom. I dont know where I got it, but I may be able to find out. BTW even though the "tape" is peeling the rest of the areas may prove to be hard to remove. Tom