78-81 owners

Status
Not open for further replies.

niles81z28

Jan 31, 2011
niles mi
hi all i just traded my dad's 91 mustang for a 81 z28. This 81 has a LM1 350 and a 4 speed built in canada. but the interioir is not all here can anyone post pic of red interoir i have pic but the site says that they are to big so i have to make the pic smaller i will but pic up if you want to see a pic go to my profile i have one on thier.

niles81z28

Jan 31, 2011
niles mi
81 z28

hi all i have loved camaros,trans ams from the first time i saw a 77 t/a i was about 11 years old a blue with blue interior the bird on the hood is what make me love the car. but the same day my dad brought home a 79 z28 bright yellow 4 speed car the sound of the v8 wow.. i was hooked this car had side pipes, loud and proud iam now 38 and have 3 camaros 84z28 86iroc-z 81z28. I am restor'n' a 81 z28 with a 4 speed but the motor is gone i would love to find another one to put back in the car its a LM1 350. anyone have one i would love to buy one.i will post pic later to day any pic of red interior would be great. thanks I am christopher and i live in niles mi.

CogentZ28

Veteran Member
Aug 6, 2007
Canada
niles81z28 said:
hi all i just traded my dad's 91 mustang for a 81 z28. This 81 has a LM1 350 and a 4 speed built in canada. but the interioir is not all here can anyone post pic of red interoir i have pic but the site says that they are to big so i have to make the pic smaller i will but pic up if you want to see a pic go to my profile i have one on thier.
Your Camaro was sold new in Canada, not built there. The LM1 4-speed combination was only available to order in Canada during the 1981 model year.

Your Camaros interior will be a two tone black and red. This is normal.

camaro3.jpg

CamaroChris

Dec 12, 2010
plymouth, ma
blu-by-u... i did the same to my taillights. took me awhile to restore them back to original condition, but they came out pretty good. love the other pics too guys. sorry i haven't been around for awhile. here's a pic of mine now...
stmartinandcamarosnewlook081.jpg
[/IMG]
stmartinandcamarosnewlook080.jpg
[/IMG]
i'll post pics of the new engine/exhaust/ladder bars in a few weeks. got lots of work to do! as someone else in here stated.... "is it ever really done?"

Swanny454

Veteran Member
Mar 9, 2010
Cambridge IL
Blu-By-U 79Z said:
LOVE the centerlines Swanny. That car is a Beauty

Thanks, haven't been back to this thread for awhile. I just finished cutting the front springs to lower it, installing chrome power steering pump, billet brackets and braided power steering line. Then replaced the carpet, recovered the seats and redyed the plastic parts. I will get pictures as soon as we get some nice weather.

79tubbed

Sep 14, 2010
virginia beach , va
79 camaro for entertainment purposes

Names Paul all my friends call me Paulie i am new to the site. just like to say up front i am no Jerry Bickel and don't claim to be one , but i do all my own fab work on the car only out of desire to want what i cant afford . Anyway I bought this 79 camaro cheap and it was already tubed and had the big block in it already. but the trunk looked like a 4 yrs did the sheet metal work in it , the rear shocks were missing the bushings in the upper mounts , so when you drove it. It sounded like there was body in the trunk trying to get out. The rear springs for the coil overs are to long for the shocks i think , the springs measure 14.5 inches and competition engineering site is correct the springs should be 12.5 inches for 2755 shocks. oh and i almost forgot the rear shock mounts were welded to a piece of tubing in the back that was slightly thicker then a piece of exhaust pipe ( maybe it off of a swing set who knows ) regardless that engineering master piece was welded to two small tabs sticking up off the frame that where thin also ( it was the scarest looking poo you have ever scene and i would have never rode in car had i seen it first ). iam still in amazement that one died in this car while driving it lol. I have a garage space i work on the car at night and the weekends mostly and just thought i would share my trial and tribulations . hope you enjoy. my goal with that car is to build a 10.90 10.50 car for street/strip.

here's a link to the photos i have taken so far with a description as to whats going on
http://rides.webshots.com/album/580059536zJrLEG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts