79 Camaro for sale/trade/parts? I'm $100 into the car.

Discussion in 'Swap Meet Section' started by 1981gMachine, Jan 29, 2021.

1. 2Gen Z28 #1

2Gen Z28 #1 New Member

If in decent shape, I would be interested in the metal enclosure that is under the aluminum door sill plate....the metal enclosure where the wires run through, usually rotted out. Take a look to see if they are any good as I am interested
    Thanks pm me

2. V.J.

V.J. New Member

I would be interested in the rear speaker covers and the jack if it has one......

3. 1981gMachine

1981gMachine Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

So I offered the car as is for $500 to GOAT. Only time my dad and I have invested is putting 3 tires on the car to fix flats. Anyone on here can pick it up for that price in the 18360 zip code. Has a NJ title signed by the people I got it from. Hasn't been transferred yet. I would do a straight trade for a good 305/350 motor. Something that doesn't need machine work. I just want to put a cam/lifters/intake/carb on it and drop in my s10. Not building a race truck.

Due to the recent snow, I wont be going up to pull parts this weekend (Feb 6/7th). If nobody claims the car "as is" by Feb 11th, I'll be pulling parts that weekend (Feb 13/14th) for those that asked for them, plus stuff for myself.

I DO NOT KNOW, what anything is worth on this car. I just know that the $100 i have into it is worth it for the parts I wanted for myself. So anyone that wanted something, give me what you deem fair price minus shipping and give me your zip code. I'll figure out shipping and we'll come to a total. You can pm me if you don't want it public. Like I said, I don't know what stuff is worth for these cars. I'll pull said part, spend a lil time and clean said part up, take photos and send to you. I'm not doing any of this to get rich. Only reason I got this car is because it was going to get scraped. I figured the cost of towing was worth whatever I could pillage off of it for myself.

I have not been a daily member here since the forum upgrade. My desktop is still XP, Pentium 4 and now struggles to load the forum. I got my 81 as a roller, no motor/trans or interior. So I honestly have zero clue for value of anything of this era camaro as my car is not stock and never was. I restore cars for a living and know some people want factory parts. So this is my give back and try to help people out gesture. I have access to any shop tool, so I can offer added work to parts you may want. Say sandblast whatever and spray some ppg DP90 epoxy primer on the part prior to shipping as example. I'm willing to help anyone out with bettering a part prior to shipping.

So with all of that said, this is what I gathered as a current list of wants off this car:

boardog: plastic air intake hose to aircleaner & plastic intake mounted to core support
    geoman: driver seat frame/springs, minimum lower half
    badazz81z28: door buzzer (black speaker box under dash), lower AC lap vents
    William Robert Huggins: speedometer/cluster
    PThomas: glove box bulb housing, harness, plunger, extension?
    2Gen Z28 #1: Wire loom covers under sill plates
    V.J.: rear speaker covers & jack

Whether I hear back from anyone above, those parts will be pulled the weekend of the 13/14th. I will reach out via PM before I got further (clean up) with said parts. The weekend will be spent stripping the car as a whole, so I'm not concerned with potential wasted time on pulling parts for those interested and then changing their minds. The car WILL be stripped of all I deem good and then scrapped. Zero hard feelings will be had. It's still a weekend spent hanging with my dad, drinking beer and shooting the sh*t.

badazz81z28 likes this.
  4. PThomas

PThomas New Member

I'll be looking for it.

5. ISRcamaro

ISRcamaro Veteran Member

PM'd you

6. Coadster32

Coadster32 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Reposting #16 for myself

7. Popper

Popper Veteran Member

Rear taillights and housings assuming they are not cracked

8. procharged81

procharged81 Member

TTT

9. 1981gMachine

1981gMachine Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I'm sorry I missed your post. I'll add your stuff to my list. The lower dash vent you want, is it the ac one? If it is I will put you ahead of badazz81z28 as you posted 1st for it.

I'll add you to my list. I think they were spider cracked if I remember. If the lens are spider cracked, did you still want the housings?

Sorry I missed your post. I'll add you to the list. I don't remember what shape it was in. Which is funny because mine on my 81 is gone. You'd think I would have looked.

10. geoman

geoman Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

PM sent. Thanks!