79 Camaro: Holley Dominator Install

Discussion in 'High Tech Retrofits' started by czizza, Feb 17, 2019.

1. biker

biker Veteran Member

Keeps getting better. Interior looks nice and cleanly done. I'm going to pop for the pro-flo 4 in the spring, but your Dominator set up is tempting. But, I don't race the car and I don't need the data logging and all the extra features you have.

2. bazookatooths

bazookatooths Member

Nice install how did you install the key on wiring?Been thinking of changing mine to a distribution block or some type of terminal, something to clean up the wiring. Any pics of your setup key on wiring?

3. czizza

czizza Veteran Member

The Edelbrok Proflo1 lasted me 20 years. The new one has a lot more features and for street is perfect. Enjoy and keep us posted.

76z28 likes this.
  4. czizza

czizza Veteran Member

Look at page 1 for all of the PICs as for Key on all I did was connect it to the fuse box for the start the rest went to the battery. I ran the wires under the fenders.

5. $ Mike 70 Z-28

$ Mike 70 Z-28 Veteran Member

Nicely done A+A+ good job

6. dave@ztech

[email protected] Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Looks really nice, for the cowl intake what air cleaner are you using? I need to find one and yours looks nice and clean. Regarding the fuel pressure gauge under the intake, don't they have a sender that then hooks up to a gauge that could be inside the car , or does that already display on the computer ?

7. czizza

czizza Veteran Member

Air Cleaner box is from "1967-1969 Camaro Cowl Induction Air Cleaner Kit 350 / Small Block" that matches my L88 hood scope. You need a 2 inch extender that I had to cut 1 inch.

Yes it does have the electric one on the computer plus I run one in the interior too ... the one under the hood is for tuning so I can tune without running to the inside or the laptop. It is also mechanical so I can validate my sensors.

8. John Wright

John Wright Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Did you use a crank and cam sensor? I'm trying to figure out the best way to do the crank sensor.

9. czizza

czizza Veteran Member

I went with the Dual Sync MSD Distributor ... to use the crank sensor you need to move all your pulleys forward to compensate for the sensor.

John Wright likes this.
  10. Fbird

Fbird Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

please post when you start tuning as my old Commander 950 system may bet replaced with new ECU (and wiring of course) as my system is 100% ME programming required....modern algorithms have greatly simplified this and would like to know how "easy" things COULD be.