79 T-top first pictures since 2016...

Francesco

Veteran Member
I found these in my files. They are recent...

69392576_686861445126039_624208088416649216_n.jpg
69402877_1004562049888797_3716907321213845504_n.jpg

Francesco

Veteran Member
Ok! Whats been done? I dont have pictures of the before and i regret it but i did not think about that but i know whats been done! If i start from the ground up, the tires are new and the rims are factory correct but not original to the car. The brakes are all done. One caliper was bad and the other was still good. The whole suspension is redone. The body mounts, sway bar bushings and all the shocks are changed including the rear leaf springs (5 leaf) and front coil springs including bearings, tie rod and end link bushings. The left rear frame rail is rebuilt properly and the rest of the chassis is solid. The torque boxes are new as well. The front, rear and trunk floor pans are repaired ( they had small wholes) and it wasnt really bad. Engine runs very good and sounds fresh. The radiatior, clutch fan, master cylinder, fuel pump, spark plugs and wires are new including the cvs system. Transmission is rebuilt and has 5000 km since 2013. It blew in 2012 because it was old and beaten. The car was painted in 2008. It still has lots of original parts and original parts from other F body cars. The door glass on both sides is adjusted but the driver side rocker is too long so i have to put in a new one and readjust the door and front quarter to make it perfect.

biker

Veteran Member
Gold Member
Dec 7, 2014
Canada
Wow. Car looks great Frank! Looks to be very solid too. Love the red interior, mine is red too.

Francesco

Veteran Member
Wow. Car looks great Frank! Looks to be very solid too. Love the red interior, mine is red too.
Thank you Brent! Been a while since the last updates. I purchased a few little things in the winter to make it more presentable. I got a shifter lens, a washer cap,a circuit board, the little plastic things that go over the seat tracks(original) decals for the trunk and an original spare tire with the jack from a 78 TA. In 5 weeks the car should come out for another round of fun times. Do you feel the camaro excitement?

Francesco

Veteran Member
Looking real good Francesco! Can’t wait for the snow to melt and get the Z28 out of hibernation.
Yes! You better believe it. The worst thing is when you have all the material to do the job and you keep staring at it all winter wondering what its all going to look like once its all done. Camaro excitement all over again! That special feeling you get when you turn that key and the whole thing lights up again making that popcorn sound. Ahhh...Thats camaro excitement.

Latest posts