79 *T93 BLK TAIL LPS

Discussion in '1978 - 1981 Specific' started by Camaromurph, Jun 14, 2020.

1. Camaromurph

Camaromurph Veteran Member

Okay. So I want to follow through on this. My build sheet for my car calls for *T93 BLK TAIL LPS. I am trying to decipher if these are the tail lamps I see reproduced with the black line in the middle. I see in the trans am world this meant black line or smoked depending on year when T93 RPO was called out. The GM heritage docs I have also says the 79 Z28 package included in all the black pieces that included the tail lamps. Attached is a picture of my build sheet.
    What is correct. Most things I read on restoration websites say the BLK tail lamps are not technically correct for the 79 Z.

Attached Files:

2. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

I believe that is the code for the Standard (Black) tail light panels between the tail light lenses.
    It simply differentiates the parts from the SILVER panels on the Berlinetta.
    (79 was the first year of the Berlinetta.)

Oddly enough... The build sheet from my 78 base coupe has "*T93 BLK TAIL LPS" above the radio options.
    But I don't believe there were any tail light differences between Camaro models in 78. (Besides the gas door emblem.)

Here's what the rear of a 79 Berlinetta looked like, with the silver tail panels.

[​IMG]

The build sheet for my 80 Berlinetta has "*** SILV TAIL LPS" just above the radio options.