It's been another looooong minute since I posted anything. Things have been slow going since I had been working and it's been well over 100 degrees here for the past few months. But now since I'm not working anymore and the temps dropped into the 90s I've been making some progress on project Fresh Start. A lot of things I've been doing really haven't been the big ticket items worth posting. Sometimes I spend several hours in the garage and look around when I'm done and say what the hell did I get done today? It looks like I did nothing all day...lol. But I've gotten some major items crossed off the list since Labor day. #1 The motor and tranny are in!!! It's funny how all your friends let you know that they want to help and tell you to call them when you need a hand, but when you call for help to drop in a motor everybody is busy...lol. I got it in by myself with no problems. The only issue I had was with the transmission mounting bracket. I attached it to the tranny before I put it in but the stud wouldn't clear the cross member. The tranny was hitting the tunnel and I couldn't raise it anymore. I had to take the mount of the tranny and bolt it to the crossmember, then the tranny slid back nice and easy. Once I got the motor mounts lined up and the bolts in, the tranny mount lined up with the tranny and the bolts went right in. #2 Dash is in! This took some time and planning to make sure everything was in place on the dash before it went in once and for all. I had it in but had to take it out because the glove box couldn't go in after all the ductwork for the heat and A/C was in place. I only took one pic of the back of the dash which pisses me off but oh well, I'm not taking it back out just to take pictures...lol I used the original gauge bezel and repainted it and trimmed it with a silver paint pen. I'm not sure I like it and may end up replacing it but I don't know yet. The light switch and knob, and cigarette lighter element and heating element are new. The new heater control face looks great! And the panels still don't line up just like when it came from the factory...lol #3 Upholstery is done! This is a another area where I know someone who was able to help me out. He owns an upholstery shop and charged me about half what another shop wanted to charge me. #4 Carpet went in today! I've had the interior pieces for months, probably since the car was at the painter. The stuff has been crowding my garage, living room, and spare bedroom forever! I'm finally getting it installed and out of my house...lol. The carpet looks good. It's over sized and needed to be trimmed around the edges and under the console for the floor shifter. It was really easy and looks great! The console and shifter are in for a test fit, I still have to hook up the transmission cable and get a new shift plate and MAYBE a console. The original one is in surprisingly good shape but has a few rips in it. I painted it today to see how it would look and the verdict is still out. If I do get a new one, I know I'll get a good penny for this one. I was getting ready to put all the interior panels in but realized I still need to run wire for rear speakers. I placed an order for a new Retrosound radio and rear speakers that should get here Saturday or Monday. Once they get here I'll start putting in those panels. Weatherstripping is on it's way too. The headliner and T-top trim will go in after the weatherstripping is in place. Then it's all mechanical from that point. Gotta finish wiring up the motor, hook up the tranny, install the A/C components, get the brakes hooked up and bled, put the fenders and front end on, get a true duel cat exhaust made, and fire her up! That shouldn't take long...LOL!!!