79 Z28 "Fresh Start"

Discussion in 'Project Progress' started by jmbz28, Feb 4, 2019.

1. ZerroHalfcup

ZerroHalfcup Member

Awesome build man, I may be another one of the odd ones but I love that light blue interior, as well as Pontiac's. I was looking for a Firebird before I got my Camaro, but Chevy's are more plentiful and much easier to afford and build on a college budget. Keep up the great work on this car man, it'll look killer.

2. jmbz28

jmbz28 Member

Thank you! I prefer the Firebirds over the Camaros myself. I couldn't pass this one up for the price and I plan on selling it when it's done. If it were a Firebird I'd be too tempted to keep it...lol I didn't like the blue interior at first but when I got the new stuff in I really liked it. The original panels were really faded and you couldn't see the original color.

ZerroHalfcup likes this.
  3. jmbz28

jmbz28 Member

It's been a minute or two since I last posted any updates. Life got in the way recently trying to start a metal shop and some things were put on hold. Things are still tight and finishing this project will put some money back in my pocket. I had a few little issues that weren't worth posting. Things like tuning, shift linkage slipping, and kick down cable boot not seating right at the transmission. After those issues were resolved I took her for her first test drive down to the corner and back. She ran good with good throttle response. The brakes are a little spongy but that's an easy fix. I stripped and repainted the hood hinges and window trim. The new windshield was installed today and they put the original rear window back in. Now that the windows are in I can take her for a longer test drive around the neighborhood. There's really not much left to do at this point. I still have to get new window motors and align the side windows, install new t-top weatherstripping because the ones I have are way too stiff and thick, do a final panel adjustment, and apply the decals.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ZerroHalfcup, roadrace2 and mrfleet12 like this.
  4. manicmechanic

manicmechanic Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I have a question about your plug wires...

5. jmbz28

jmbz28 Member

Those plug wires and will be replaced but what's your question?

6. manicmechanic

manicmechanic Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

What kind are they and who installed them.

7. jmbz28

jmbz28 Member

They are Accel wires. They are the ones that can be cut to length for a clean look. They came off my 69 Firebird. I installed them.

8. Scott Sievers

Scott Sievers Veteran Member

man thats looking really good!!!! Although typically the straight boot goes on the plug. Can't tell if you have headers so the straight boots wouldn't work on the plug?

9. jmbz28

jmbz28 Member

I do have headers on it. The straight boot won't fit on the plugs that's why I'm going to replace them. They're good for now, at least it's running...lol.

serpent710 likes this.
  10. Scott Sievers

Scott Sievers Veteran Member

LOL Thats what I thought when I saw the straight boots poking up off the cap like that.. Fair enough! Like you said, ITS RUNNING!