80 Turn signal flasher

Discussion in '1978 - 1981 Specific' started by B.M., Apr 20, 2019.

1. B.M.

B.M. Veteran Member

Does anybody know where the under dash turn signal flasher is under the dash?I see a flasher and 4 way flasher in the fuse box,but i keep seeing that there is supposed to be one near the column too,and i have looked all over and can't find it.I just swapped my tail lights with Digitails lights and can't find that flasher under the dash to get my signals working.

2. Twisted_Metal

Twisted_Metal Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Gold Member

For an 80... There are two in the fuse block. One for signals and one for four-way/hazards. (diagonal corners of the fuse block from each other)
    There isn't another one under the dash like the earlier models.

With LED tail lights... You need to replace the flashers with electronic ones.

B.M. and Dean70Z28 like this.
  3. B.M.

B.M. Veteran Member

Thanks.I guess that would explain why i could not find another one even after searching for an hour haha.I seen the 2 in the fuse block,but reading different things,they all kept referring to one attached to the column,so i thought there was another one too.
    Yeah,i've got the electronic flashers with the ground wire on them that say they are for leds.the other thing that threw me off is the Digitails kit comes with a flasher,and it's a square one,so that was the other reason that had me searching for another one.