A Blast to Drive - Porsche 911

ol' grouch

Veteran Member
Jul 4, 2013
Evansville, In.
Do you have the suspension stability management on your ride? I've never owned a Porsche although I did fill in on a rally with one when the owner failed a breathalyzer test. I was told to NOT go into a curve hot and then let up but sort of forgot. The car reminded me really quick. Nothing like stirring the gears on a curvy road. Alas, my knees aren't up to it anymore. Have fun!

Burak Unal

Veteran Member
Feb 25, 2005
Istanbul, Turkey
Do you have the suspension stability management on your ride? I've never owned a Porsche although I did fill in on a rally with one when the owner failed a breathalyzer test. I was told to NOT go into a curve hot and then let up but sort of forgot. The car reminded me really quick. Nothing like stirring the gears on a curvy road. Alas, my knees aren't up to it anymore. Have fun!
No, the following 997 generation cars have the stability management but those cars are tricky as well, to a lesser extent though. The engine at the back requires a peculiar style of driving as you mentioned; it is a slow-in, fast out car. I had made a short video of handling traits by the way:)

The 4 wheel drive versions drive like they are on rails though! :)

Latest posts