A complaint...

Discussion in 'Body Restoration' started by chuck13, Aug 20, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chuck13

chuck13 Member

Ok,so first of I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this,and secondly if the vendor I'm b!tching about is a sponsor here.If so,I'm sorry but....

So I'm getting ever closer to the 'end' of my 1981 Z28 build (I hope!).One of the many things I wanted to replace is the hood hinges and springs.Check out the Ebay,a seller I've done business with in the past ([email protected]@z) has em for a reasonable price,with the free shippings.I /order them on and go on about life.No hinges,no contact from the seller.Huh.On 08/01 I contact them thru Ebay,hey where's my stuff?Get a reply on 08/03 sorry,they'll ship within a week,we'll send tracking info yada yada ya.Ten days pass,I get nuthin.No parts,no email zilch.So now I'm kinda po'ed,I know $160 these days isn't a WHOLE lot but hey.it's still my $$$.Long stort a little shorter,finally get my money back and am now looking for hood hinges again.

So,is it the Covid?Lack of help?Whatever,it's pretty sad.I did quite a bit of business with [email protected]@z when I was building my 87 IROC and they were pretty ok then.Good parts shipped pretty quickly.I'm done with them now and highly advise that no one here do business with em.My two cents....

KingofThings likes this.
  2. Rosster

Rosster Veteran Member Gold Member

If you are buying new ones, out of stock and delayed shipment is the norm nowadays. The suppy chain was (and still os) severely disrupted by covid. As to used parts, they should have been here in a reasonable amount of time.

KingofThings likes this.
  3. twestrup

twestrup Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

I think it is the new norm. Last week I ordered door seals online, paid for them and never got a tracking number. I called today, crab ass on the other end said they were out-of-stock. Order will be filled when the parts come in. I was a little pissed because when I ordered them, it did not indicate they were out of them. This has been a difficult for everyone, I will just wait it out and move on.

KingofThings likes this.
  4. GoldenOne7710

GoldenOne7710 Equal Opportunity Offender Lifetime Gold Member

My thing is, a lot of ebay retailers will post their inventory on the item page. If you're offering a product to sell and operate an ebay store, keep your inventory numbers current and AT LEAST communicate with your customers to let them know of potential delays, etc. This snafu is on the merchant...and he's been doing it long enough to know better.

The only way COVID would be an excuse for poor communication is if the seller himself has it.

KingofThings, Revin and carhead22000 like this.
  5. chuck13

chuck13 Member

I understand that things are FUBAR right now and probably ain't gonna get better anything soon.If ever.If the seller had specified in the listing an extended ship time that would be one thing.But to take my money and not bother to even contact me,and then when pressed to say that the hinges would ship within a week,then NOT answer an email until I threatened to go to Paypal-that's BS right there.I say F em,they're not the only source for parts.

6. wnmech

wnmech Veteran Member

I’ve used Tamaraz pre COVID-19 and never had any issues getting parts. This COVID crap has got everything so screwed up and I just don’t understand why. Maybe folks don’t want to work or maybe the THEYS who ever they are just don’t produce a product just to jack us the prices.

7. badazz81z28

badazz81z28 Veteran Member

You really don't need to complain here...Its Ebay...use the process they have in place and you will get your money back and you can go on with your day. I have used Tamraz alot over the last decade...they are hit and miss, but good for the most part. Anything made in China is going to suffer from logistical delays.

Bills69 likes this.
  8. DougD

DougD Veteran Member

Have had to return some Tamraz lately. Also, have had good success with The Parts Place, but now that is when they ship the right thing or tell you it's weeks away from shipping (ie has to be made)

Eckler's has been best, but being across FL from me shipments come quick. Camaro Central used to be a go-to but a customer service issue has stopped my purchasing habits there.

MChamp likes this.
  9. cadillac_al

cadillac_al Veteran Member

There are millions of facebook vendors that sell you something, hold Paypals money for a month or so, when you complain to Paypal they refund Paypals money. I think they are making money by holding Paypals money for a month or longer. If you do this to thousands of customers, they are holding millions of dollars and making money off the interest every month. Paypal is a sucker for allowing these vendors to use their own platform to scam them. Maybe the legitimate vendors are getting in on this scam now and making more money by holding money than by selling parts.

ElCo65 and STUCKINCALI like this.
  10. TTR230

TTR230 Veteran Member

Covid has been the go-to excuse for scaling back services and crappy business practices on the whole. Just like in 2008, and every business, whether affected or not, took the opportunity to scale back and crank prices without risk of backlash. Everything is "because Rona" these days, and nobody questions it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.