A nice clean work surface...

berg2695

Veteran Member
Nov 13, 2011
...is a good thing to have when you are disassembling or reassembling a component. I found some of these pads at the local thrift store for cheap and they are great. I'm sure I'm not the first person to use them in the garage. Plastic backing, absorbent white pad for high contrast and disposable. When you're done just ball the whole thing up and toss it in the trash. It kinda makes me feel like a pro who knows what he's doing- even if I'm not.o_O
20210729_111949.jpg

tom3

Veteran Member
Aug 1, 1999
ohio
Sister in Law uses those pads for her dog to crap on. She used to do home health care and has a closet full of those. Good tip, might have to raid her closet. Thanks.

sandlapper

Veteran Member
Oct 9, 2020
SE CSA
years ago, now late friend (Larry Corbin) ran a Harley shop. Someone gave him a roll of butcher paper and from then on he always laid it down on his bench during motor/trans assembly. May God always Bless and Keep Larry +

mrfleet12

Veteran Member
Aug 8, 2014
West of Chicago IL
I've been using those pads for a few years, was just changing the steering gear box on my 70 tonight and had one of them under the catch pan to catch and stray fluid.