A quick question for PhotoChop Guru's..

Discussion in 'The BS Topic' started by a79Classic, Oct 20, 2008.

1. a79Classic

a79Classic Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Ok.. so I'm looking to make a few designs for shirts, etc on the cafepress site to try and make a little extra money during the holidays. I'm pretty much a total noob at PS so I have been trying to use online how-to sites and have a basic idea of how some stuff works. What I need help with is how do I use letters for my image that look smooth on the edges as aposed to choppy or pixilated looking. The image/file size they want folks to use is fairly large but I still get crappy looking edges to my letters. How can I avoid this?

2. Brian79Z

Brian79Z Veteran Member Gold Member

Go to YouTube and search for "You suck at photoshop" Or just type in "photoshop suck"

There is a 16 edition collection of short films that will help you immensely as well as tickle your funny bone.

3. woody80z28

woody80z28 Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Sounds like you need more resolution.

4. a79Classic

a79Classic Veteran Member Lifetime Gold Member

Those made me LMFAO but didn't really help me when it comes to the issue I am having.... Anyone else care to chime in?

5. br80z

br80z Veteran Member

the file should be about 300dpi at actual print size for best quality or at least 150 dpi at actual size. What file format are you saving it as? The best way to get clear text is to use a vector program like Illustrator.

If you can send me the original file I can take a look at it. I'm a graphic designer and I spend alot of time at work trouble shooting problem files.

Brian